News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Wanted 69 hood peak moulding

Started by torinocj, January 31, 2018, 05:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torinocj

Looking for original or repop moulding for the front edge of the hood on a 1969 Shelby.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: torinocj on January 31, 2018, 05:24:42 PM
Looking for original or repop moulding for the front edge of the hood on a 1969 Shelby.
I got 2,000.00 for the last NOS one I had within the last year. Maybe that price will encourage others to get their NOS ones off of the shelf to offer. All I have are nice used now.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Try contacting Jim Cowles at Shelby Parts in Green Bay, he maybe able to help
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shlb69

69 GT350 Vert

Tony Branda developed a new repop version recently, but it does not mount the same as the originals did.  I will also need one of these eventually when I finally paint and install the restored original hood on my car. 

torinocj

Thanks. Located one and should have it soon. Glad to hear there will be a repop available since originals are getting quite scarce.

shelbymann1970

The last batch of repops before the current ones were spot on. I bought one of the last ones Branda had(last 2)  as well as an NOS one at the same time. The repops now- while they work- do not mount like the originals. I put my NOS one away. :) Used ones hit Ebay from time to time.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

acman63

The current repos are aluminum and dont mount like the factory .  We dont recommend them and dont stock them.  I tell my customers that if we order one  they own it. no returns  pretty blunt about the differences before we take an order .  Not sure why they didnt make them proper.   
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member