News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Interior color finishes 1967

Started by jswoody, June 03, 2019, 08:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jswoody

I have been searching this and several other mustang sites to make sure the components of the interior are properly colored.  My interior is the dark charcoal metallic, but I am having trouble getting clarification on the dash/windshield moulding and rear fold down seat moulding.  The information I have found suggests everything should be dark charcoal metallic except for the deluxe seat backs and bottom moulding and kick panels.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

JD

Quote from: jswoody on June 03, 2019, 08:04:15 PM
I have been searching this and several other mustang sites to make sure the components of the interior are properly colored.  My interior is the dark charcoal metallic, but I am having trouble getting clarification on the dash/windshield moulding and rear fold down seat moulding.  The information I have found suggests everything should be dark charcoal metallic except for the deluxe seat backs and bottom moulding and kick panels.  Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Yes, the two metal trim strips at the base of the windshield on top of the dash pad are painted the charcoal metallic.

The rear seat, fold-down trim on the back - the carpeted sections side -  Is that the rear fold-down seat molding you are referring to?  IF so it is not painted it is chrome.

Yes, Seat backs, kick-panels and lower seat trim pieces are molded black plastic.  The back and lower seat trim pieces do have stainless trim pieces (not painted) attached to them.

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

If you are referring to the pillar windshield molding and dash knee pad molding then that is semigloss black just like the door panel is semigloss black.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

jswoody

Yes, the two metal trim strips at the base of the windshield on top of the dash pad are painted the charcoal metallic.

The rear seat, fold-down trim on the back - the carpeted sections side -  Is that the rear fold-down seat molding you are referring to?  IF so it is not painted it is chrome.

Yes, Seat backs, kick-panels and lower seat trim pieces are molded black plastic.  The back and lower seat trim pieces do have stainless trim pieces (not painted) attached to them.

Thank you for this information.   The primary pieces I am referring to are the two metal trim strips you covered at the bace of the windshield. 

The other pieces, which I explained poorly, are above the fiberglas back seat side panels - and wrap around the back below the sail panels?  I believe all of these pieces would be the same dark charcoal metallic color??

jswoody

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 04, 2019, 12:16:47 AM
If you are referring to the pillar windshield molding and dash knee pad molding then that is semigloss black just like the door panel is semigloss black.

Ok, the molding on for the windshield/A-pillar is semigloss black?  Thank you for that clarification. 

JD

Quote from: jswoody on June 04, 2019, 08:40:45 AM

Thank you for this information.   The primary pieces I am referring to are the two metal trim strips you covered at the bace of the windshield. 

The other pieces, which I explained poorly, are above the fiberglas back seat side panels - and wrap around the back below the sail panels?  I believe all of these pieces would be the same dark charcoal metallic color??

Yes, you're right.  5 pieces that cover that seam all the way around.

(Also, just in case, there is one curved segment on the back of the fold-down seat that is textured stamped metal - not carpet that gets painted the charcoal metallic)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: jswoody on June 04, 2019, 08:40:45 AM

Yes, the pieces that wrap around the back below the sail panels would be the same dark charcoal metallic color.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby