News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Manifold Vacuum - where is it?

Started by gimmea250swb, June 13, 2019, 07:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmea250swb

I'm sorry for the novice question but I've never tuned a carb before.  Where do I hook up the vacuum pressure meter?  I've got a 3259-1 carb.  I see new carbs have a nipple you can access directly on the carb but it doesn't look like the 3259 has one.  Do I hook it up to the actual manifold?  My guess is I pull the 1" hose coming off the front driver's side on the manifold.  Is this correct or is there an easier place?

Coralsnake

Only if you want engine coolant to spray out. Thats a heater hose.

You might have an accessible port somewhere else on the manifold
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

gimmea250swb

Ha!  I should've looked.  The hose goes through the firewall.  How about is one to the rear?

zray

you should have several options, for example , the pcv hose should be hooked up to manifold vacuum.

Z.

J_Speegle

Yes you could use that unused rear port after removing the plug and installing a correct nipple fitting for the rubber tubing to the gauge then replacing plug after your done adjusting things
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge