News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

68 GT350 on Portland Craigslist - $68,000 OBO

Started by s2ms, June 21, 2019, 12:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2ms

Just saw this...

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/d/grants-pass-1968-ford-mustang-shelby/6916899607.html

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R Fastback, original owner family - $68000 (Southern Oregon)

For the first time since purchased new, this incredible surviving 1968 Shelby Mustang Fastback GT350R is being offered for sale outside the original owners family.

This is one of the most original and documented Shelby Mustangs you will be able to find today that isn't already restored or well known to exist.

First and foremost it is original numbers matching, with no rust issues now or ever. The prominence of this car is even better, having been sold new at Galpin Motors in L.A., with the original window sticker and documents to prove it.

The original 302 has been rebuilt once, balanced and blue printed at that time. It runs very well, original air cleaner was swapped out long ago, but some of the key components are still correct including the original water pump. The original automatic has a shift kit and helps propel the car just right.

Born an Acupulco Blue Mustang it received an exterior respray about 30 years ago in Porsche Guards red with Wimbledon white stripes, original owners son in law who inherited it just wanted a different color. The paint job was ok by standards for the day and the value of the Shelby's wasnt significant at the time. Today it is presentable as driver status car and considered a 20 footer.

This Shelby was also lowered 1" and set up to 66 Mustang specs, so it does handle well.

This is a very nice Shelby Fastback to enjoy as it is or to do a full corrrect restoration on. There is a lot more information availble on the car to serious buyers. So if your serious, have money in hand, no trades give me a call. Asking 68,000 obo.
Dave - 6S1757

Coralsnake

Someone's trying hard

"Original, surviving, numbers matching"

Dont go with....

"Shift kit, Porsche red, driver status, lowered, 20 footer"
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

davez

Side-Oilers

Funny, the old CA blue-and-yellow plate on the front reads NT4SALE.   Well, I guess it is now.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

tesgt350

"This is one of the most original and documented Shelby Mustangs you will be able to find today that isn't already restored or well known to exist." ................................. WOW, The First SIX words here are a HUGE chink of BS.

pmustang

Sure sounds like a scam to me. Wording sounds foreign

T-Bone68

Much more original looking one for roughly same price next state over.  Just posting, no affiliation or verification of authenticity.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/d/vacaville-1968-ford-mustang-shelby/6911907890.html

67_1183

Quote from: s2ms on June 21, 2019, 12:46:07 PM
Just saw this...

https://portland.craigslist.org/grg/cto/d/grants-pass-1968-ford-mustang-shelby/6916899607.html

1968 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R Fastback, original owner family - $68000 (Southern Oregon)

For the first time since purchased new, this incredible surviving 1968 Shelby Mustang Fastback GT350R is being offered for sale outside the original owners family.

This is one of the most original and documented Shelby Mustangs you will be able to find today that isn't already restored or well known to exist.

First and foremost it is original numbers matching, with no rust issues now or ever. The prominence of this car is even better, having been sold new at Galpin Motors in L.A., with the original window sticker and documents to prove it.

The original 302 has been rebuilt once, balanced and blue printed at that time. It runs very well, original air cleaner was swapped out long ago, but some of the key components are still correct including the original water pump. The original automatic has a shift kit and helps propel the car just right.

Born an Acupulco Blue Mustang it received an exterior respray about 30 years ago in Porsche Guards red with Wimbledon white stripes, original owners son in law who inherited it just wanted a different color. The paint job was ok by standards for the day and the value of the Shelby's wasnt significant at the time. Today it is presentable as driver status car and considered a 20 footer.

This Shelby was also lowered 1" and set up to 66 Mustang specs, so it does handle well.

This is a very nice Shelby Fastback to enjoy as it is or to do a full corrrect restoration on. There is a lot more information availble on the car to serious buyers. So if your serious, have money in hand, no trades give me a call. Asking 68,000 obo.

The link text and location map insert imply the car is in the Grants Pass, OR area.  I have lived in Grants Pass for the last 8 years and have never seen or heard of this car. Might not mean much though because not many have seen or heard of my car either.

If anyone contacts the seller and needs local eyes on the car, I could do that.

2nd owner of 67 GT500 #1183 since September 1976

67 GT350

Orignal, red via blue...ok. I am tired of people selling cars that are the wrong color.
RARE  Signature Delete

69mach351w

Coralsnake

Grumpy old man comment...

I would be very carefully attaching that label to any car, even in humor.  You would not appreciate that in reverse

69mach351w

I didn't put the 'ripoff' comment.  That was 557 ::)

And anyway, LOL, members here are always cutting up a Shelby on CL, eBay, and making, should I dare say, 'Rude comments', even from the pro's. IMO 

I don't think 557 comment is any different.

Coralsnake

I was specifically referring to "rebody" that can be a very devaluing term to shake if attached to a car.

The saving grace here is most people have not identified the serial number.

Its one thing to express opinions on quality or point out deficiencies, its entirely another ball game when you start accusing people of crimes and misdeeds.

Just my thoughts...