News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Ebay ad, What the?!?

Started by BGlover67, June 27, 2019, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I don't see any good coming from this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT350-Fender-Plate-Serial-Number/264378103676?pageci=b897f6d8-400b-4b77-abe8-9810059878a9

1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Fender Plate Serial Number

1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Fender Plate Serial Number. Comes with Ontario ministry of Transportation unfit vehicle permit and Ministry of Revenue official receipt for vehicle transfer dated 1976. And a Ontario Ministry of Transportation and Communication letter for what looks like a vehicle search for records in which they state "unable to find any record of the vehicle issued a motor vehicle permit for a 1966 Shelby American Mustang serial # to" and the sellers name for years 1973 and 1974, dated 1976. Also a unofficial receipt for the purchase in the amount of $100, stating vehicle serial number and buyer and seller names also dated in 1976.

I also have a Ford 289 engine I believe to be from the same car that I will also be listing. I pulled a piston and based on the serial number and online resources appears to be correct to what Shelby used. Not included in this auction.

Car was purchased by a relative in the 70s, he pulled components to use on a non Shelby Mustang and then scraped it.

$10,000 currently no bids
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

TJinSA

Coming soon to an auction near you!...but how/why would the S/P have a red background?
Tom Kubler
6S296

s2ms

Looks like it was painted over in red then some of it rubbed off to expose the details underneath.

Already contacted Howard about this...
Dave - 6S1757

Sfm6sxxx

Ebay usually pulls these ads for tags after someone complains.

6S1114

deathsled

Oh Canada our home and native land. True patriot love in all Thy son's command....

Burned into the memory from public school AND high school echoing through the halls and speakers of each classroom every school morning. We had to stand at attention for it. Not a bad thing in my mind as it instilled discipline and respect. Sorry got off topic here.

Back on. Hope The vin can be matched up to somebody's car.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

acman63

SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

Hockeylife

Quote from: deathsled on June 27, 2019, 03:52:15 PM
Oh Canada our home and native land. True patriot love in all Thy son's command....

Ya mean...."all of "us" command?

Mike Ness of Social Distortion said it best:"Oh,I'm prison bound....." 8)

deathsled

Quote from: Hockeylife on June 27, 2019, 10:43:16 PM
Quote from: deathsled on June 27, 2019, 03:52:15 PM

Ya mean...."all of "us" command?
I left Canada back in 1992. Seems no one is in command there now...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

98SVT - was 06GT

If the engine is correct and has the Ford serial number a complete car could be created. Without the Ford number it would be a rebody. Also without the SA# Howard can't mark it off in his books.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on June 28, 2019, 06:32:30 PM
If the engine is correct and has the Ford serial number a complete car could be created. Without the Ford number it would be a rebody. Also without the SA# Howard can't mark it off in his books.
Given the fact there is no body, it's a rebody even with the Ford VIN.

6S1114