News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 Turn Signal Cancel Cam

Started by mygt350, June 28, 2019, 11:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

Have a 65 A-code that had a Grant steering wheel installed that utilizes its own version of the Ford signal cam cancel part that slipped on spline of old steering wheel. Am putting a 65GT350 replica 6 bolt adapter and steering wheel back on the car and was able to locate a really nice turn signal cancel cam piece from Brad that fits the backside of my adapter. Assembly mounts and turn signal works like it should. Even the turn signal cancel cam does its job and cancels the left/right turn when the wheel is turned the appropriate way. However, if the turn signal is moved to a left turn position and the wheel is turned to the left, I see the turn lever jump as though the plastic turn signal mechanism is engaging the cancel cam. I can even hear it as well as see lever move. Same happens with a right turn.
I have another car and when left turn signal is initiated and wheel is turned left, all is quite and the signal lever does not move until wheel is turned back to right.
Even moved the quiet wheel and adapter to the noisy car and its still noisy so I don't think its the adapter or cancel cam. Any suggestions? I don't remember ever seeing or hearing the turn signal lever act this way.
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

SFM66H

mygt350,

I made a video of an original 1966 GT350's turn signal cancelling cam action during my OTC steering wheel project on my 1966 Hertz car.

PM me your email address and I'll send you the link. I think you'll find it very interesting.

Kieth
1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

mygt350

Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967