News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

CSX8000 series sold on B-J for $68K!

Started by NC TRACKRAT, June 29, 2019, 07:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NC TRACKRAT

Beautiful little slab-side. What happened?  Something wrong with the car?  No market for the Continuation Cars? 
5S071, 6S1467

cob4ra

Ouch that's way to low as that should be six figures in the right crowd !! I hope he ran it with a reserve?? Has BJ spread themselves to thin with to many sub auctions?
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

NC TRACKRAT

No reserve...It sold!...For the price of a "roller"!
5S071, 6S1467

Bill

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on June 29, 2019, 07:46:30 PM
Beautiful little slab-side. What happened?  Something wrong with the car?  No market for the Continuation Cars?

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1962-SHELBY-COBRA-CSX-8000-ROADSTER-232381

Cute little car, just not sold in the right venue......Scottsdale would have been the place to go with this car. Will not bode well for the CSX dealers looking to get rid of their inventory, especially with less than 200 shakedown miles on it.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

NC TRACKRAT

Even with buyer's premium, $75K is a flaming steal!
5S071, 6S1467

Hockeylife

Yes, and after seller concession the seller only received $61,200!

Bigfoot

Let me take the contrarian position.

For that kind of money someone could buy a totally different car.
They could buy a 68/69/70 Shelby GT 350 all day long.

I know we are comparing apples to oranges but still sometimes a "Buyers Market" shows how tenuous the the situation can be selling brand new cars that can be bought anytime and don't really have a scarcity value and limited interest.

Even something like a Boss 302S a few years ago that they were only making about 50 units (of) traded a couple times $20k under MSRP once they stopped making them and the sellers,...usually Ford dealers said "Uncle."
Different type car but just another example that "it can happen."
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67 GT350

Ahhh the return of a hobby....cheap prices, love them!
RARE  Signature Delete

Sixx7shelby

I was there all week covering the auction, and quite a few cars struggled to bring money. It was crazy to see a 69 427/390 corvette stalled at 20k and sold for 24k. The green hornet replica with 428/C6 sold for 20k and the 69 Boss 429 with modifications sold for 120k I believe. But some cars did sell for reasonable current market prices. The older broncos and custom Jeep Wranglers brought big money.
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

Quote from: Bigfoot on June 29, 2019, 09:55:28 PM
Let me take the contrarian position.

For that kind of money someone could buy a totally different car.
They could buy a 68/69/70 Shelby GT 350 all day long.

I know we are comparing apples to oranges but still sometimes a "Buyers Market" shows how tenuous the the situation can be selling brand new cars that can be bought anytime and don't really have a scarcity value and limited interest.

Even something like a Boss 302S a few years ago that they were only making about 50 units (of) traded a couple times $20k under MSRP once they stopped making them and the sellers,...usually Ford dealers said "Uncle."
Different type car but just another example that "it can happen."
.   Yep,and what's the better long term investment?They aren't making anymore of ONE of them....

Btw plastic body?Doesnt say in listing.

98SVT - was 06GT

It's Trumps fault. People have been using collectible cars as investments for years. Now that the economy is growing people are finding faster ways to make a buck rather than sitting on a car for several years. Also a 8000 series has zero history that would increase its value. It's a used componef car and yes this guy probably lost some money but somebody wanting one generally builds it to their own specs. Any BJ auction outside of Friday & Saturday at Scottsdale is a crap shoot. There the buyers are liquored up enough and want their 15 minutes of fame by out bidding the other drunk next to him.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

67 GT350

Ha! Its the kids, they don't want to own this stuff anymore, just enjoy your cars and to the long term owners, Enjoy your cars you bought for 2500$ and when the day comes, as the song goes, "What ever will be will be." I like my cars and I really don't care if they sell for 20K 80K or 100K. Have fun Keeping America Great and enjoy the cars! My first Shelby cost me 2150.00 the one I got now cost more! There are not many smart people that know how to keep this hobby going, thus it will end, but as long as I can get in my car and drive it somewhere, I would bet the farm that I am happier than the person looking at theirs....Although, I do like that from time to time. LOL
RARE  Signature Delete

mark p

hopefully the new owner is happy... a "real" Shelby for a great price.

I guess maybe they made a few too many "special/anniversary" cars  ??? ::)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

ITHERTZ

No matter how you slant it that was a terrific buy!