News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby 6S898

Started by cob4ra, July 04, 2019, 08:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cob4ra

My brother David has 6S898 and the exhaust system that was installed on it is substandard; He had a conversation with a SASC representative that his car could have come with sides exhaust like the 65's!? is that true or would that be correct for 6S898 ( over rider traction bar car ) February build?
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

deathsled

Not side exhaust for 66. Would have been dual straight out the back. But side exhaust is so cool. I put it on mine 843 also with overriders. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

J_Speegle

Would have come with the standard K code Mustang exhaust attached to the headers and H pipe with turn downs just before the rear valance like non-GT Mustangs that year
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: deathsled on July 04, 2019, 08:26:52 PM
Not side exhaust for 66. Would have been dual straight out the back. But side exhaust is so cool. I put it on mine 843 also with overriders.
When I got 843 it had worn out glass packs and no tailpipes which led to harmonics cracking the floor. I replaced the glass packs and added side pipes.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

cob4ra

Is there any other scenario that a 66 would have ended up with side exit exhaust other than owner installed changes
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

deathsled

T'was only on the 65s.  I do not believe any of the carry over cars had side.  But there are far many more on this site that will know better. 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on July 04, 2019, 08:28:05 PM
Would have come with the standard K code Mustang exhaust attached to the headers and H pipe with turn downs just before the rear valance like non-GT Mustangs that year
+1 .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: cob4ra on July 04, 2019, 09:28:24 PM
Is there any other scenario that a 66 would have ended up with side exit exhaust other than owner installed changes

Not for a non-race car
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

SFM6S087

Quote from: deathsled on July 04, 2019, 09:39:08 PM
T'was only on the 65s.  I do not believe any of the carry over cars had side.  But there are far many more on this site that will know better.

Correct. Rear exit exhaust on the carryovers, with the exception of the 4 factory drag race cars.

Steve