News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Engine mount to block bolts

Started by GT350Lad, July 07, 2019, 05:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT350Lad

Hi guys what do the original bolts from the mount to block look like? The ones in there at the moment don't look correct
It's for #373
Thanks
6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: GT350Lad on July 07, 2019, 05:15:23 AM
Hi guys what do the original bolts from the mount to block look like? The ones in there at the moment don't look correct
It's for #373
Thanks
This is not meant to be snarky so please don't take it that way but If you had the assemblyine manuals and the AMK guide to fashioners you would have a edge on determining which one . If you are that concerned about what is correct then it would be a prudent investment. They are not infallible but will save all kinds of time if you don't have access to examples. They will give the proper finish but the draw back is that they do not always show the vintage makers mark for those nuance details. Zinc silver or equivalent ,has a F with 3 dash marks surrounding it (grade five)which is the makers mark. I hope this helps.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

Thanks Bob, champion. I didn't take it the wrong way mate, always grateful for the help. In fact I was looking at buying the AMK guide and I just bought the assembly line Manual. I'll need both I think as my resto continues.
Good news is that those are the bolts that are there! I pulled one yesterday.

Thanks

6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Quote from: GT350Lad on July 07, 2019, 05:25:18 PM
Thanks Bob, champion. I didn't take it the wrong way mate, always grateful for the help. In fact I was looking at buying the AMK guide and I just bought the assembly line Manual. I'll need both I think as my resto continues.
Good news is that those are the bolts that are there! I pulled one yesterday.

Thanks
That is the correct makers mark. They need to be plated the silver.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

Woo hoo!  Always a good feeling to find an original artifact! 
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

GT350Lad

Cheers guys, artefact still in place  :)
6S373
6S1276