News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking for early 289/302 intake for Bill Clawson 68 A/S Mustang

Started by michaelsedlak, July 18, 2019, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelsedlak

Just acquired the 68 Bill Clawson A/S Mustang built from a body in white.  I helped build this car when I was 16 and thanks to some really great people I was able to get it back.  It is vintage race ready but at some point it has been upgraded with a current intake, heads etc etc. 

My goal is to return to as close as possible to the way Bill and I built it back in 1968.  I need a single four barrel intake, period correct and if possible a two four period correct intake as he ran that for a few races.  As I have been mostly BOSS302 with my T/A A/S I'm a bit out of touch with the windsors.  Any and all help would be appreciated.

Bill owned 5R002 and another early 65 GT350

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Dan Case

Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

TA Coupe

If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

michaelsedlak

To all who have come forward to help me thank you very much.  I have had several offers of intakes and heads as well.  I am going to review all of them and then hopefully pick the best set up for Bills car.  I want to do this right to honor Bill and all he did for me.  Thanks again to such a good group.