News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 500 1807 - Mecum - vintage pics

Started by Rodster-500, July 18, 2019, 09:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice pictures, was the license plate CSX 10?

J_Speegle

Was for sale at one point on Ebay in 2017

Camera or filters setting sure produced an interesting exterior color look in that first picture

Good luck with the auction
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Cool vintage pix.A rare commodity...

Bobby Crumpley

Quote from: 2112 on July 18, 2019, 10:22:52 PM
Nice pictures, was the license plate CSX 10?

Yep, how crazy is that?  Short of being issued one with an SFM prefix, that was about as lucky as you could get.

Also, there does appear to be a bit of mismatch in the color of the different panels but it might not have been as bad in person as the old pictures represent.
Bobby Crumpley
MCA#20316
www.houstonvaporblasting.com

Shawn

The plate CSX 10 was original at time of purchase.  The color in the photos is off as well.  There is a side shot that represents the color as is.  Not sure what happened the photographer was trying different filters due to overcast day.

Shelby_r_b

FYI - this car just hammered sold for $250K - $275K all in.
Nothing beats a classic!

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on August 03, 2019, 01:46:21 PM

Nice! The vintage pictures must have helped!

Shelby_r_b

I wish I had looked at the vintage pictures when they were up.  I tried to look at them now, but they aren't on the website anymore.

The Mecum website is where the vintage pics were originally located, correct?
Nothing beats a classic!

Rodster-500

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on August 03, 2019, 01:46:21 PM

Congrats to the seller.  I think this car/restoration was discussed in Forum 1.0?