Author Topic: Thanks to all who make the forum  (Read 8957 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to all who make the forum
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2019, 05:46:36 PM »
I know (and agree) that this forum is just a shadow of what it used to be pre crash, but it's the dedication and volunteering of our regulars like Pete, Bob, Jeff,  Jim, Randy, JD (and I could go on and on) that always keep me coming back.  I'd like to personally thank all of them.  I feel like I've completed a 'Shelby Residency' after spending the last 4 years here, but I still have tons more to learn.  Where else can you go to get information like this for free?   8)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Sixx7shelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 08:40:04 PM »
I know (and agree) that this forum is just a shadow of what it used to be pre crash, but it's the dedication and volunteering of our regulars like Pete, Bob, Jeff,  Jim, Randy, JD (and I could go on and on) that always keep me coming back.  I'd like to personally thank all of them.  I feel like I've completed a 'Shelby Residency' after spending the last 4 years here, but I still have tons more to learn.  Where else can you go to get information like this for free?   8)

+1
I would also thank these guys who have helped me throughout these past years with my technical and originality questions.  Their help has always been greatly appreciated.

Dave
67 GT350 #1482
69 Eliminator 428SCJ
97 Cobra
86 SVO

Rosco

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
I’ve been here a short time, but already have learned so much from people like Bob and Pete. I would hope it continues. Thank you

Sfm6sxxx

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
Pete...Keep in mind, if you leave "they" win.  Please don't.  Stick it out and let's get this mess cleaned up.

As mentioned, the forum has been on a steady decline since the crash.  It doesn't help that we have some members basically treating the forum us their personal (albeit sad) Facebook page.  If we don't engage or otherwise respond to their inane posts, the trolls may crawl back under the intracoastal bridges from whence they came.

6S1114

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2019, 11:41:05 PM »
  There is power i the PM use it wisely. In the mean time,

SAVE PETE!
    SAVE PETE!
    SAVE PETE!...
      Well you get the idea.

I been a 66 Shelby owner and SAAC member for over 32years, and don’t own a 68 but have enjoyed Pete’s comments here and on his site. Like others I find it a total loss to lose people with the class that he has. 

SAVE PETE
SAVE PETE
SAVE PETE

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2019, 12:12:53 AM »
On the contrary. These forums serve little place without those who are actively restoring vehicles. Trailer queens are the fringe of this hobby, yet are treated mainstream.
I am an airline pilot for the largest airline in the world. I'm not lazy and I don't pay people to do what I am perfectly capable of.
 You turned the issue into class warfare. Into the haves and have nots.  Perhaps you have expanded on what the real issue is.
I was also a military officer. I don't have time for snotty people who think their crap doesn't stink because they have a "dust collector" on the mantle. 
The collective is about enjoying them. Of course some ass here started on those that weren't official members of the SAAC and promoted denying access to the forum without membership. The behavior here of the last three or so years is explicitly the reason I am not currently an "official" paying member.
  Some only help those who they feel can do something to benefit them in return. I have sent parts at no cost to some members of spares I had here and  to those on the Concours forum. The individual who just left who I sent a message to because I was having rear fold down fitment issues told me to seek information from other forum members. He wasn't particularly polite about it.
Brian actually took my call and got measurements for me to figure out the issue. I would do the same if it helped someone. 
The "brotherhood and camaraderie" doesn't exist anymore but between a few old timers who found a way to make a living off of the vehicles.

Perhaps there are a few too many snowflakes that melt at any discussion that doesn't fit in their box and any discourse what so ever offends them.
 Tragic.

-Keith

Tired Sheep

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2019, 08:39:13 AM »
You couldnt be farther off base

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2019, 08:50:52 AM »
This as typical is going off base. Let's try and get back on target.
How many have messaged moderators in protest?

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2019, 09:12:04 AM »
Closing this post topic would prove the point.
RARE  Signature Delete

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2019, 11:28:31 AM »
On the contrary. These forums serve little place without those who are actively restoring vehicles. Trailer queens are the fringe of this hobby, yet are treated mainstream.
I am an airline pilot for the largest airline in the world. I'm not lazy and I don't pay people to do what I am perfectly capable of.
 You turned the issue into class warfare. Into the haves and have nots.  Perhaps you have expanded on what the real issue is.
I was also a military officer. I don't have time for snotty people who think their crap doesn't stink because they have a "dust collector" on the mantle. 
The collective is about enjoying them. Of course some ass here started on those that weren't official members of the SAAC and promoted denying access to the forum without membership. The behavior here of the last three or so years is explicitly the reason I am not currently an "official" paying member.
  Some only help those who they feel can do something to benefit them in return. I have sent parts at no cost to some members of spares I had here and  to those on the Concours forum. The individual who just left who I sent a message to because I was having rear fold down fitment issues told me to seek information from other forum members. He wasn't particularly polite about it.
Brian actually took my call and got measurements for me to figure out the issue. I would do the same if it helped someone. 
The "brotherhood and camaraderie" doesn't exist anymore but between a few old timers who found a way to make a living off of the vehicles.

Perhaps there are a few too many snowflakes that melt at any discussion that doesn't fit in their box and any discourse what so ever offends them.
 Tragic.

-Keith
  I have to agree with 8 barrel on most items here. There are a few who feel above the rest here because of their experiences, they are not... One man is not an island. With out naming names here there are a few who have the mantle piece cars and their contributions are very little other then busting someone's balls over that individuals contributions of lets say a vacation paradise and car shows. These couple of people HAD an incessant desire to push their agenda on others and constantly remind us of how nice their show cars are. This is a wonderful thing as there are very few that fit that category, I imagine that they paid someone heavily for that to happen. Most others actually build their cars, race them, show them, drive them and actually use them at least occasionally. Then we have a few newbies that come on here and start discussing MAGA and a few other things to stir the pot. Mama always said you want to start a shit storm just bring up politics and family and it will be on! We have a very small and passionate group of people here and we need to figure out how to keep them all around, PETE is not the tip of the iceberg here. There have been many passionate SHELBY LOVERS long before Pete, that have way more money, way more cars, and way more knowledge that have left for good. Charging admission to a club will guarantee that others will fall by the wayside. I understand that these people have a good feeling about buying a sticker for their cars from the club, or paying for someone to do a tune up on their cars but these few are the ones that don't know how to run a business or club or anything else. Lets keep it positive and actually learn from our mistakes. If you don't have ANYTHING positive to say keep it to yourselves.

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2019, 11:55:52 AM »
We have been here many times before.

The fact is there is no club support for the forum. Complain all you want nothing will change.  The current leadership has a stranglehold on the club and forum. 

If they don't relinquish control to folks willing to make it go again, the only option is for departing members to start fresh with a new organization. When there is a new Shelby Autos Enthusiast Group started, I'll write a membership check.

SAAC and the forum are comatose and if you don't believe that you are fooling yourself.

Many have left after the crash realizing that. Pete and the other great folks here are/were trying to keep it going but are burning out.

I think their efforts and energy would be better well spend starting something new that is more of a membership based organization, promoting the cars and limited public access.   

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2019, 12:35:56 PM »
Well,I still like MY car,so there’s that....Wasn’t it supposed to be about “old fords”???

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2019, 01:05:58 PM »
Well said, it is all about the cars that most love!

I bought a 67 Shelby in 1981 for 2500.00 and miss those days. Don't need the money they are worth, I like the pleasure they give!
RARE  Signature Delete

Rodster-500

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2019, 01:34:11 PM »
Exactly.  I don't think anyone who left after the forum crash ran out and sold their cars.  ;)

What is being talked about here is the lack of an organized effort to offer enthusiasts a place to gather and share information as well as document and promote the cars.

Sure a club and a forum isn't necessary for the enjoyment of the cars, but sure helps bring folks together. More importantly in the long run may allow for the interest in these cars to continue to the next generation as well as finding new care takers when owners need to make that decision.   

The future is the big picture that has to be considered otherwise SAAC, the cars and interest will slowly fade into oblivion as we are seeing happen in front of us. 

Don't believe me, ask anyone who was active in Forum 1.0 compared to today.

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
it's very sad when a guy with the passion and knowledge (Pete) would leave the forum due to bunch of b.s.
I hope that Pete will reconsider and stay.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird