News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Not my Valve Covers........

Started by tesgt350, July 29, 2019, 07:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesgt350

Are these SAI NOS Valve Covers or are the Over The Counter NOS ........I don't see the Fangs or the name Buddy Bar.  They are wanting $600 for them.  If interested I will pass on the Info.

silverton_ford

They look like one of each....service replacement and reproduction.   Notice the round bolt holes on the one?  That one I call reproduction.   If the other one doesn't have fangs, it may be a late service replacement.

Ford made these well into the 70's and there were changes to them as they were manufactured that differentiate them from the original assembly line valve covers.   If you don't have fangs and square bolt reliefs, then I would say either of them are not correct for a concours level restoration.

6s1640

This is how you make two original Ford service sets from one.  Mix in a pair of re-pops.  Nice original fanged covers can be found with a little patients for less money.

Here is a nice set that sold recently, with fangs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1966-1967-1968-Shelby-GT350-COBRA-Valve-Covers-/293159202135?hash=item4441a66d57%3Ag%3A0mEAAOSwYw1dM32c&vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=o3a0q%252BGGIP845MLSDFjebkH5PdU%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Best of luck

Cory

gt350hr

Buddy Bar did the early sand cast ( open letter , natural finish) covers ONLY. Ansen Engineering did the die cast black wrinkle painted covers often called closed letter. IF those covers pictured above are the ones I think they are , the seller is "the road cars" AKA Pookie , Marty etc. He is not known for his honesty with what he sells. there are many discussions on this site as to his antics. BUYER BEWARE , is an understatement.
     Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.