Author Topic: Pink resistor wire  (Read 1937 times)

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
Pink resistor wire
« on: August 02, 2019, 04:31:29 PM »
I've confirmed my resistor wire is functioning and my pertronix coil is only getting 5.6 volts.  Does anyone know if the pink resistor wire under the dash on a 69 shelby has a removable bullet connector?  I want to bypass resistor and get 12 volts to coil without splicing into OEM wires.   Any ideas? Thanks

Mark500

• View Profile
Re: Pink resistor wire
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 04:39:21 PM »
I bypassed my Shelby and XR7.  The Pink wire is fed from the tach plug.  It is a two way plug.. one male.. one female.  Just unplug that connector, rotate the plug 180' so the pink feed wire is exposed.  Then run a wire from that connector right out to the coil.  Use a larger gauge wire to handle the load. Tape up the connection so that plug you rotated stays in place.   No cutting required.  I might have pics somewhere.. it is easy.. except removing the dash to get to the wiring.  Mark

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 08:45:07 PM »
I bypassed my Shelby and XR7.  The Pink wire is fed from the tach plug.  It is a two way plug.. one male.. one female.  Just unplug that connector, rotate the plug 180' so the pink feed wire is exposed.  Then run a wire from that connector right out to the coil.  Use a larger gauge wire to handle the load. Tape up the connection so that plug you rotated stays in place.   No cutting required.  I might have pics somewhere.. it is easy.. except removing the dash to get to the wiring.  Mark

Thanks! That sounds like an excellent idea.   Will try it.

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 04:37:27 PM »

It worked!  Full 12 volts to coil and pertronix.  Brilliant idea.  Not the way I wanted to spend 4 hours today, but it is done and fixed.  Thanks.

Mark500

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »
You got it man ! Awesome.