News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Fat C HiPo C4 Transmission for $6500

Started by 6s1640, July 29, 2019, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Just in case someone needs this tranny.  It is the fat C servo version.  You should ask if the HiPo flex plate is included.  It is also unique to the HiPo.

Best of luck

Cory

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-shelby-gt350-c4-transmission-289-k-code-hipo/254312070366?hash=item3b362e3cde:g:W90AAOSw~w9dPIPd

Auction description:

1966 shelby gt350 c4 transmission 289k code hipo. This trans was pulled from a January 66 built k code mustang . Large C servo.  casting C5TP-7D027-A.  No data tag attached. This would  be correct for auto 66 shelbys including Hertz 350H cars. Includes dipstick tube, torque converter, wiring and any vacuum lines. Fluids will be drained as best possible. Should need rebuilding. The  the 289 k hi-po engine shown is not included or for sale at this time. Will strap to pallet for shipping. Purchaser will handle shipping and  costs. weighs aprox 160 lbs. 130+- for trans plus pallet.

gt350hr

Wow , that raised the price of poker! The next one will be $7500 or MORE the way the internet opportunists work.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

davez

It's mine
The flexplate would go with it.
can pm me here for other questions or pics
dz

6s1640

Hi DZ,

Do you know if the original valve body remains in place with 1U tag plus the altered weight in the governor?

I believe I have seen a prior advertised HiPo C4 sell for the exactly the same price.  I thought it did sold quickly.

Good luck

Cory

davez

I will look and see. Not sure if I can do this evening. Information I wasn't aware of. Thanks
Dave

davez

So thanks to Cory I confirmed the valve body is a 1U with tag. It should confirm it's authenticity not just a regular C4 with an added servo. Not sure what the governor is supposed to look like but here are a couple pics.

gt350hr

Dave,
       There are four bolts that are seen in your photo which hold the governor on. remove those ( no worry there are no gaskets) and you will see a clip that can easily be removed by hand allowing one of the "weights" and springs to be removed. The weight will be machined to be lighter than a standard weight. Removing the other side will require a pair of snap ring pliers to remove the tru arc retainer ring. That "weight" is also machined to be lighter. Cory probably has pictures he can post. The rest of the transmission is all standard production stuff except the torque convertor which "should" have an AJ ink stamp. The "stall" is slightly higher that a regular C4 convertor.
   Randy

6s1640

Hi Dave,

See this thread below, reply No. 6 for a PDF of the Bob Mannel's article on 1964 Fairlane HiPo C4 Automatic for 66 GT350 reference.  It has the images Randy is talking about on the counter weight.  It is also a good article to read.  Hope that helps.

Cory

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1263.msg10495#msg10495

davez

Great thank you guys I will double check those and look at it again
Dave

gt350hr

davez

I pulled the governor apart. Saw the white paint on the end, and it does have the machined  weight / valve as shown in Bobs article. All parts on the outside and inside are correct. Thanks Cory and Randy for the info in how to confirm the correct parts.

TJinSA

Sent PM. Trying to figure out interpretation of housing casting. do you have picture of intake manifold vacuum fitting?
Tom Kubler
6S296