News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

How to mount nose on a 67

Started by cboss70, August 22, 2019, 08:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cboss70

I have a late 67 Shelby and the hood and nose were removed when the engine was pulled for rebuilding. I didn't do the removal and am now left with trying to figure out the correct way to reattach it. The lazy way would be to get some nuts and bolts and just attach it.  However, I'd rather attach it the way it was originally done. Does anyone have any pictures of the fasteners (so I can try to match mine up) and of the process?  Any special spacers or brackets? Do bolts face towards the front or back?  Honestly I have no idea how there were originally mounted and with what and was hoping for some guidance.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: cboss70 on August 22, 2019, 08:45:01 AM
I have a late 67 Shelby and the hood and nose were removed when the engine was pulled for rebuilding. I didn't do the removal and am now left with trying to figure out the correct way to reattach it. The lazy way would be to get some nuts and bolts and just attach it.  However, I'd rather attach it the way it was originally done. Does anyone have any pictures of the fasteners (so I can try to match mine up) and of the process?  Any special spacers or brackets? Do bolts face towards the front or back?  Honestly I have no idea how there were originally mounted and with what and was hoping for some guidance.
Are you using a original nose and hood or reproduction and do you know the difference. Repros typically do not attach in the same way depending on the mfg as original fiberglass.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

cboss70

Good clarification- they are original fiberglass pieces that I am mounting.

Bob Gaines

J clips like used on the aprons for the fender attachment were mounted to the nose fiberglass bolt locating tabs and sems type bolts were installed from the fender side into the clips. Spacers were typically not needed.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby