News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Friendly warning

Started by 6972boss, July 31, 2019, 11:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Blair Patrick... Racing engines have a tendency to make its customers cars get up on the back bumper, when asked to do so! ;)

6972boss

honestly,  i didn't think to ask someone to stop in for me. That would have been a big help! Not really surprised that others have had issues with survival motorsports. How can guys like this stay in business? Barry talks a good game but i would respect him more if he would just tell it like it is and not lie!!

shelbymann1970

While at the SAAC convention last month I talked to Steve V. Who was with Randy Sizemore. Steve is 428CJhardtops on the 428CJ forum and by one topic has been dealing with Barry for at least 10 years. I believe Survival is the company that does his race FE CJ engines now. So I did a search on the CJ forum and found many who have dealt with him including Steve. Some may want to contact Steve to see if he is currently having any engines down also. Here is a link to topics that mention survival on the CJ forum. Some you might not see if you are not as member.
https://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/index.php?action=search2
Steve's profile: https://www.428cobrajet.org/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=889
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Greg

Way too many negative comments through the years about Survivials service for me to ever do business with them.  If you have an FE go to the FE forum and ask for a builder.  There are quite a few, you can also work with your local machine shop owner and tell them what you want to be done with your engine and build it yourself.  It does take time but it is satisfying building your own.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Kent

Yes its definetly better to build a own thing and ordering the parts. So you have more control and good engine shop for hone, aligne etc. is normally not so hard to find.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

shelbydoug

My own personal perspective is that one must do their due diligence in investigating a business or even an individual before doing business with them.

Many county records are now available on line free. You can check for bankruptcies, liens, judgements and convictions with case numbers and current status.

Using that information isn't foolproof but it is helpful in making a decision on how safe it is to do business with someone. "Good guys" get into issues too.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

6972boss

Hmmm.... last year i left survival motorsports feedback on google. Looks like Barry just posted a reply. He sent me a set of heads instead of a refund. Didn't think a email change would have caused such confusion :o especially when i provided him my new one  ???