Author Topic: Vintage Kar-Kraft Home Movie  (Read 3520 times)

propayne

• View Profile
Vintage Kar-Kraft Home Movie
« on: August 16, 2019, 01:31:03 PM »
More than likely already posted on here - but this was new to me and I couldn't find it in a quick search of the forum.

Over at the Brighton Area Historical Society FB page this 8mm home movie that was shot in 1969 at Kar-Kraft was posted.

Sorry, I don't know how to post the actual video here but if you go to the FB page you should see it.

https://www.facebook.com/BrightonAreaHistoricalSociety/

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
Re: Vintage Kar-Kraft Home Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 02:01:00 PM »
I dont see it, but I think the same video may be on the youtube?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Z1zzURLCM
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:11:12 PM by Coralsnake »

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 03:50:25 PM »
^^^ yes - that is the same home movie.

Kinda feels like I've watched it before and I'm sure someone will find the original thread that I even commented on...  :P

But worth a second (or third) look.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 08:57:11 PM »
So Cool 8)

shelby69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 10:01:21 AM »
Does anyone know if there is film footage of the A.O. Smith plant , where the 68-70 Shelbys were built ?

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »
Not during the time the Shelbys were built. At least I havent seen it, if it does exist. Just the photos.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2020, 12:31:17 PM »
The late Larry Lawrence made the video. He was a 19 year old painter for the shop. He owned a body shop on Grand River not far from the old KK facility up until his death recently. He also paid a pilot to have that aerial shot of KK showing bosses and Shelbys in the parking lot. He lent out the picture and never got it back. There are also pics on the page of Larry painting 70 Shelby hood stripes. Gary
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 12:34:18 PM by shelbymann1970 »
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 12:34:09 PM »
The late Larry Lawrence made the video. He was a 19 year old painter for the shop. He owned a body shop on Grand River not far from the old KK facility up until his death recently. He also paid a pilot to have that aerial shot of KK showing bosses and Shelbys in the parking lot. He lent out the picture and never got it back. There are also pics on the page of Larry painting 70 Shelby hood stripes. Gary
When did Larry Lawrence die? I hadn't heard.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 12:38:00 PM »
When did Larry Lawrence die? I hadn't heard.
I believe Ed told me last year he had passed. Ed? I wish I had stopped by the shop before he did. He said he had a lot of pics of KK that have not been seen by others when my friend Mark Haas and I visited him a few years back at the shop. He had had a series of mini strokes just prior to that. He had some stories like how he got his job and one of the Fords(Edsel?) was young and wearing a suit and barefoot and no pics of him was the directive when he filmed the video.  Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 12:51:43 PM »
Larry was a valuable resourse for kk history and a real car guy as he always setup at Carlisle and drove his old dark reddish panel truck to show and setup selling old parts. He had some items from kk plant after it shut down years ago and recently his son was selling out stuff from his storage place and randy s just bought the boss 429 hood scoop mould top section.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Larry was a valuable resourse for kk history and a real car guy as he always setup at Carlisle and drove his old dark reddish panel truck to show and setup selling old parts. He had some items from kk plant after it shut down years ago and recently his son was selling out stuff from his storage place and randy s just bought the boss 429 hood scoop mould top section.
Do you know if his family is still running the body shop? Did you ask about any pictures Larry had of KK? Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990