Author Topic: Illegal Garage in Ca.  (Read 8539 times)

Krelboyne

• View Profile
Re: Illegal Garage in Ca.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 03:01:54 PM »
California........

But isn't it still legal to buy brake clean, WD-40, and aerosol spray paint?

Are they going to regulate lawn care services? They do pour gasoline in their lawn mowers without a vapor recovery system.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 03:02:44 PM »
Strange
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 03:03:39 PM »
California........

Are they going to regulate lawn care services? They do pour gasoline in their lawn mowers without a vapor recovery system.

Wurd
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 03:04:51 PM »
Boy for the high ups not wanting post to go political, this one is going to go there.

We all know that L^B&^%Ism is a mental disorder and Cali and NY lead the way! They are in competition for the Dumber and Dumber remake! That is why so many are fleeing my state of NY, unfortunate for NY the people that are leaving are the ones that work and pay taxes, soon the money will run out. As for Cali, it is opposite, the cancer is moving to Texas and they will change that state, instead of Dumber and Dumber, it will be a competition of 3 states, or The three Stooges.
RARE  Signature Delete

67 GT350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »
When are they going to out law running a 1970 and older car? Heck anything older than 2015. The mental disorder is alive and well in NY and Cali!
RARE  Signature Delete

6s1802

• Mamber since 1981
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2019, 03:17:21 PM »
Call me crazy, a lot of people do, but the day will come in California when you will no longer be able to go to the store and buy automotive lubricants, oil, grease, cleaning products. In order to get your oil changed you will have to take your car to a state run garage where it will be done to insure proper disposal of the waste oil. I wouldn't put it past the lunatics here to deem motor oil a hazardous substance that has to be controlled by the state.

6s1802

• Mamber since 1981
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 03:22:03 PM »
Kalifornia has just refused to renew the registrations on diesel powered medium duty, F450, Chevy 4500 pickups and heavy duty trucks built before 1992. The truck either has to be retrofit with emissions equipment that won't even fit on it, in some cases, or removed from the state.

6s1802

• Mamber since 1981
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »
Can't wait to leave kali forks.

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 03:27:30 PM »
Kale-Fornyah
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

CSX 4133

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2019, 03:35:38 PM »

Do some research on California Proposition 65, it contains a lengthy list of products and chemicals deemed to be hazardous or likely cancer causing. One of the "authoritative bodies" is the World Health Organization and the EPA that has compiled the lengthy list of "potentially" dangerous chemicals.
So the idea of having home auto repairs banned is not that far fetched just based on the direction California is headed.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2019, 03:43:09 PM »
There are a number of products that I use that are know to cause cancer in CA. I'm in NY, so no problem but thanks for the warning. ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2019, 03:53:51 PM »
I'm glad I'm not in Ca.  I would think a lift, rotisserie, trans jack, brake lathe, tire machine and balancer aren't considered normal tools for a home garage!

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2019, 04:13:24 PM »
It is very concerning as the CA way of thinking is spreading in a lot of metro places that carry political weight.  There will be a point at which our cars are museum pieces not to be driven as fuel for them will no longer exist (probably not in the next 30 years but it will happen).  The powers that be will also figure out a way to tax old vehicels to the point you can't afford to register them.

Like many of you, I am respectful of the environment, and like many of you, we use to pour used motor oil on the gravel driveway to keep the dust down (didn't know any better).  Do I believe polution has had an effect on the environment, sure I do, but it is not this country.  I have been around the world and the USA is by far the cleanest of any country.  In Mexico your eyes burn the minute you step off the plane, China is so poluted you can almost see it on your skin, India is infested with rats and sewage... and the list continues. 

I say all this to say this, drive your cars and enjoy them, you never know what the next curve will bring!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

papa scoops

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2019, 05:31:51 PM »
Im waiting for the big earthquake. they will just become one with the ocean. Don't Californicate Washington! phred