News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby VIN info

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, August 21, 2019, 12:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on August 22, 2019, 11:54:18 AM
The build sheet in petes post is my purple shelby and its a special order car (for specialed) so its different than most other shelbys  the paint section is blank  and the bottom remarks section is unique to this car only m32j-3204 means special order paint 69 t-bird  midnight orchid mettalic .    Dont know why it says hood fenders since they were fiberglass installed at a o smith or did they paint the fiberglass shelby parts at dearborn when they painted the rest of the car since it was special order paint since a o smith didnt have any purple paint in stock or did ford send purple paint with the car to a o smith for the fiberglass  anybody know?  Also the reason why so many build sheets have a piece of paper missing along the top is where they were taped to the car somewhere then ripped off and thrown in the floorboard on dearborn cars anyway.
Ed when my 70 "Grabber Purple" ;) GT500 was painted at Ford and the Ford documents indicate paint was sent to AO Smith so that the fenders, hood,valance and trunklid could be painted at AO Smith.  That is the way it was documented to have been done for my car at least . Given the parts were already at AO Smith and not at Ford would logically make it simpler to send the paint needed to AO Smith rather then to transport those large Shelby fiberglass components back to Ford to have painted . Also the way the front end was assembled ,painted and personal with the expertise to install it in one piece would indicate a very high likelihood of painting at Smith. I don't know if your car was done the same way or not.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Barney and Friends are here to confuse the new guy.  ;) lol

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 22, 2019, 05:34:31 PM
Barney and Friends are here to confuse the new guy.  ;) lol
Your right off topic. Sorry for my part. Blame Spec Ed he is a easy target  :D .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Special Ed

My purple car was SPECIAL ORDER PAINT  just look at all my paperwork  and buildsheet. Mr gaines car was a paint mistake and where in any ford paperwork was grabber purple ever printed and what does buildsheet say??

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Special Ed on August 23, 2019, 12:52:37 AM
My purple car was SPECIAL ORDER PAINT  just look at all my paperwork  and buildsheet. Mr gaines car was a paint mistake and where in any ford paperwork was grabber purple ever printed and what does buildsheet say??
Ed, Lighten up Francis  https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_maps&hsimp=yhs-pty_maps&hspart=pty&p=lighten+up+francis#id  Of course the Grabber Purple was said tongue in cheek . WT 9083 does not have a name just a fleet color number.

Bill

Bob/Ed,

Do we have to separate you two? Don't make us stop the car and come back there :D
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

TOBKOB

QuoteBob/Ed,

Do we have to separate you two? Don't make us stop the car and come back there :D

LOL

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Bob Gaines

Ed's just pissy because he is homesick (in Africa and South America trip) and me I'm jealous because he got to go and I didn't.

JohnB

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 23, 2019, 01:48:10 PM
Ed's just pissy because he is homesick (in Africa and South America trip) and me I'm jealous because he got to go and I didn't.

Maybe because he did not find any Shelbys....?  ::)