News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Holley Carb Restoration Shops

Started by Sxty8KR, August 23, 2019, 06:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sxty8KR

Ok, I just purchased an original Holley C80F-9510-AA carb and will be looking to have it restored. Does anyone have a good, reputable shop they have used? I've sent an inquiry to the Holley Custom Speed Shop on their services today.    :)

Thanks
Steve
Steve
Seattle, Wash.
68 KR  #3777

Rocket

Depends on what kind of restoration you are looking for. For looks, I would reccommend Joe Bunetic, in Fairview Heights, Ill. If you want it to run like new, contact Jim Cowles, as he knows someone in NC, I think, that makes them run like new.  Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

1967 eight barrel

Much better choice than Joe is Drew Pojedinec . Colors are correct and they run right. He actually blue prints the carburetor and runs them before they are returned.  I had a set of BJ-BK's that wouldn't run right no matter what you did. He fixed the factory F-ups. They no longer run rich and they idle beautifully.
He's also on Facebook under Air Fuel Spark I believe it is.

Here is the like to my carbs post rebuilt and corrections.

-Keith

https://www.facebook.com/AirFuelSParkTech/videos/1231150237067129/

8T03S1425

It'll be interesting to read the feed back from AirFuelSpark if you contact them. Please let us know their reply, if you ask about their services for your C8OF carb. I got the impression that they're only doing, or may soon decide to only do, the dual quad Holley carbs found on big block Fords. I hope I misread a post because that seemed like a very narrow client segment.

I've been following the company on Facebook and it seems like they do rebuilds and restorations.

I love their Facebook postings. If you're on Facebook, search for them and either "Like" their page or request to follow them.

Steve
I have owned 8T03S-01425 since 06/76.
I owned 6S2295 in 1973 & '74.

I wish he had a real website, can not stand Facebook.

68blk500c

I wouldn't trust the Holley Speed Service you mentioned.  It probably won't come back with the correct external parts.  I imagine you've gone to a lot of trouble and expense to get an original carb, but they don't share the passion for authenticity, or probably even know, at this point. Base plates and linkages and bowls, etc. could go away pretty easily. 

Choose carefully.

Sxty8KR

Thanks everyone.......  Appreciate the responses!  (so far)   ;)     :)
Steve
Seattle, Wash.
68 KR  #3777

Sxty8KR

Quote from: 2112 on August 23, 2019, 09:52:06 PM

So, I was looking up Drew to see a way to contact him. I did not find a way to do so. I am not on Facebook. So, is there another option to contact him??
Steve
Seattle, Wash.
68 KR  #3777

Bigfoot

There was a good and reasonable guy in the Midwest. Benchwik Carburetors.
Been a while but I can find number if needed (I think).
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

68stangcjfb

My AB carb. Before and after from Joe.
68 1/2 CJ Mustang GT FB auto 3.91s 68 1/2 CJ Torino GT FB 3.91s 60 Thunderbird 64 Falcon Sprint conv. 4Spd 65 Falcon Sedan Delivery 67 Fairlane 500 SW 428 4Spd, 68 Torino 4dr 95 Thunderbird SC. 89 F250 Supercab 2wd, 98 Mustang conv. 99 Jeep Cherokee 2002 Thunderbird. 96 Harley FLSTN Heritage Special

67 GT350

I hate bragbook also, I know it doesn't mean much but we will not go places that only do bragbook. I hate it when businesses say, if you need us we are on bragbook...we just say to them, "We don't do BRAGbook."
RARE  Signature Delete

Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 24, 2019, 07:52:27 AM

I hate bragbook also, I know it doesn't mean much but we will not go places that only do bragbook. I hate it when businesses say, if you need us we are on bragbook...we just say to them, "We don't do BRAGbook."

For me it more about how the pages are organized, how they load on your computer and how their location and sequence change when you go back to find something you were previously looking at.

This isn't even delving into the tracking and marketing stuff.