News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

66 Keys

Started by pchmotoho, August 29, 2019, 10:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchmotoho

I've done a search and am still and am still unsure as to what the original keys should look like. Could anyone post a pic or a link of some original keys or even some correct looking new ones. We're their 2 different styles maybe?

Thanks

Karguy

The first picture is of what I believe to be an original ignition key for 6s281 and an old copied trunk key which I think are the correct style of keys for my 66.  The second picture is of a set of blanks I purchased but are definitely a different shape and style than the original. I would like to hear others' opinions on this. Thanks
6S281, in my family from 1972-1983. Back home January 2017, will not leave again!

Rocket

If I'm not mistaken, the first pic is what you would have gotten if you had new keys made by a Ford dealer. The second pic (blanks) are what should have been original keys that came with the car. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

gt350hr

Karguys picture #2 is what the original keys look like. Repops  often have a smaller hole in them and lack some tiny stamped number that the originals have. NOS keys often come up for sale and careful shopping will avoid "scalper" prices . "I" feel 15-20 each is TOP dollar.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

pchmotoho

Thanks guys.  Much appreciated. 

6s1802

Did you loose your keys John?

pchmotoho

Quote from: 6s1802 on August 30, 2019, 08:54:22 PM
Did you loose your keys John?

Yea.  Lost them at Paradise Cove (maybe the ghost of Jim Rockford will find them for me).  It was a work function and I  lost them in the sand.  Thankfully a back up pair was close by.  I believe Z told  me he had the ignition switch replaced so they weren't the originals. 

6s1802

deathsled

Double back to the area with a metal detector if you have or can rent one and see what you can find.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"