News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A Bob Gaines sighting

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, September 09, 2019, 06:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Saw the man with a wealth of knowledge inspecting and judging a 1967 GT500
Just listening to him I feel smarter.
He is a wealth of knowledge who shares it openly.
A great ambassador to all things Shelby
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

BGlover67

No, pretty sure that was Robert Redford you saw instead.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on September 09, 2019, 06:24:57 PM
No, pretty sure that was Robert Redford you saw instead.

That actually made me laugh out loud!!!  ;D
Nothing beats a classic!

deathsled

We need to download his mind into an a.i. type application. Of course no harm to the man in the process. Just a replication of his knowledge. Hey wait a minute. How about a book? Mr. Gaines?
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Shelby_r_b

You be the judge.  Pun intended.
Nothing beats a classic!

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

TOBKOB

1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

"He's the brother from another mother" Robert Redford
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on September 09, 2019, 07:16:58 PM
You be the judge.  Pun intended.

The best part about posting these two pictures? As of now, the picture of Bob has been opened exactly twice as many times as the picture of Robert Redford.

Once they saw Bob's pic, there was no need to look at Redford's.  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

Kent

I like the idea with the book, I would buy it.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Bob Gaines

At the rate we are still finding new things out and the things we already have understanding of still evolving, a book written next week would be obsolete in short order IMO.  It is a moving target. Greg Kolasa is working on something now I believe. I told him I would try and help.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Kent

Yes we always have to keep in mind that we maybe have to save all the knowledge for the future and the next generations.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68