News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

GT 350 export brace attaching parts

Started by Rukiddin, January 30, 2020, 06:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukiddin

My notes do not state if the flat washer goes on top of pinchweld at firewall,or under. Seems that I thought odd that bolt went through brace w/o washer....what is correct? Thanks

68blk500c

Bolt head on top of brace with washer and nut underneath cowl for 68. 

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rukiddin on January 30, 2020, 06:49:24 PM
My notes do not state if the flat washer goes on top of pinchweld at firewall,or under. Seems that I thought odd that bolt went through brace w/o washer....what is correct? Thanks
The same attachment hardware was used for the export brace from 65-68. The installers attached the hardware a couple different ways over the years . By far the most prevalent way in both 67 and 68 is as 68blk500c described.     
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rukiddin

Thank you very much! Great when I only do something ONCE!

Coralsnake

And you have a rather plain looking hardware store bolt ?
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Rukiddin

Yes,,no marking at all. Positive they are original. Well,as positive as my research on this car ,from pictures has been so far. Getting closer to reaching goal of completion by May. So many little details and choices to deal with.......

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com