News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 Shelby GT350 Wiring Harness Question

Started by Shelby_r_b, September 18, 2019, 10:50:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Hello!

I'm trying to identify the correct wiring harness for my GT350, specifically, The harness that goes from the firewall (engine side) to the coil, temp sensor on the manifold, etc.  My car has AC; which adds the extension wire for the compressor.

Here's my question - I want to replace the old harness, but having a hard time finding the correct one.  The ones I've found have the additional wire that would go to the oil pressure sending unit.  However, given the under dash gauge pod on 67 Shelbys, that wire (it seems) is not needed, as the sensor is replaced by the plastic oil pressure hose that runs along the driver's side fender apron, through the firewall, and directly to the back of the under dash oil pressure gauge pod.

Is there a harness specific for 67 Shelbys that deleted the oil pressure wire / connector?  If not, what was done by Shelby at LAX (I'm guessing) with the wire / connector that would have gone to the oil pressure sensor?

Finally...anyone know where I can get the right harness?

Thanks!  :D
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on September 18, 2019, 10:50:28 AM
Hello!

I'm trying to identify the correct wiring harness for my GT350, specifically, The harness that goes from the firewall (engine side) to the coil, temp sensor on the manifold, etc.  My car has AC; which adds the extension wire for the compressor.

Here's my question - I want to replace the old harness, but having a hard time finding the correct one.  The ones I've found have the additional wire that would go to the oil pressure sending unit.  However, given the under dash gauge pod on 67 Shelbys, that wire (it seems) is not needed, as the sensor is replaced by the plastic oil pressure hose that runs along the driver's side fender apron, through the firewall, and directly to the back of the under dash oil pressure gauge pod.

Is there a harness specific for 67 Shelbys that deleted the oil pressure wire / connector?  If not, what was done by Shelby at LAX (I'm guessing) with the wire / connector that would have gone to the oil pressure sensor?

No special segment - the oil pressure wire connector was snipped off and the wire taped back.
Will look for a photo...

couple photos...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

You should be aware that you are talking about several different harness's. The under dash harness, the A/C harness (has separate terminal that comes out of firewall) , extension lead that connects to compressor, and the engine gauge feed . JD described what SA did to the stock engine gauge feed.  With that said which ones were you wanting to replace and for what reason?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby_r_b

I'm only talking about the harness mentioned in my first message, but I can see the confusion (mentioning the AC extension wire, as this is separate from the harness I mentioned) - the harness that connects at the engine side of the firewall and goes to the coil, engine temp, etc. is what I was referencing.

So, I'm guessing that since the sniped wire would go to the oil pressure sensor, the "Oil" light in the dash should not ever come on - correct?

Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: JD on September 18, 2019, 11:17:31 AM
Quote from: Shelby_r_b on September 18, 2019, 10:50:28 AM
Hello!

No special segment - the oil pressure wire connector was snipped off and the wire taped back.
Will look for a photo...

couple photos...

This helps a ton - thanks, JD!
Ruben
Nothing beats a classic!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on September 18, 2019, 12:50:57 PM
I'm only talking about the harness mentioned in my first message, but I can see the confusion (mentioning the AC extension wire, as this is separate from the harness I mentioned) - the harness that connects at the engine side of the firewall and goes to the coil, engine temp, etc. is what I was referencing.

So, I'm guessing that since the sniped wire would go to the oil pressure sensor, the "Oil" light in the dash should not ever come on - correct?
The harness that feeds the coil etc. is typically called the engine gauge feed harness. With the oil light sender wire clipped at where it comes out of the wrapped portion of the harness the oil light in the dash would never illuminate unless the snipped end of the wire is grounded by accident.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby_r_b

Perfect!  This all answers my questions. Thanks!
Nothing beats a classic!