News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

retirement

Started by csheff, September 24, 2019, 05:38:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark p

Quote from: Engineer on September 24, 2019, 06:11:09 AM
Congratulations! To a long and healthy retirement. Well earned!

Now, more time for your hobbies.

+1 Enjoy!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

alexgt350h

Good Job Craig! You have earned a long retirement!
I have been retired for 1 1/2 years now.
Love every minute of it.
Brent

greekz

Congratulations!  I have been retired for 15 years and retirement is the best job I have ever had.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

NC TRACKRAT

Congrats!  I heartily recommend retirement.  Don't see how we ever got as much accomplished as we did while working.  I've got a long project list with stuff being added every day.  I second the motion for those still employed or who own a business.  Do like Dave Ramsey says: "Live like no one else so you can live like no one else".  In other words, get out of debt and save. Invest in your future so you can enjoy it.
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

Wishing you good health, good luck and great success in your retirement. 

Enjoy your time with your family 
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

QuickSilverShelby

I'm not retired.  I work allot and I'm on the hamster wheel.  The faster I go the faster it spins.

When I was in my mid to late 40's I used to think I would work till I died.  Not because I had to, because I wanted to.

I turned 50 this year and I've really been thinking how good retirement would be.  I don't have to worry about paying the bills and I'm already pretty much set up.  I am slowly throttling it back.  Every time I go to a SAAC convention, a car show, Barrett Jackson or just have a nice conversation with a fellow forum member I always tell myself, "you gotta do this more often".

I know.....life is short......I'll never wish I had worked more when I'm on my death bed......but I gotta tell ya, when I am able to buy a cool car or do what I want without any constraints, it spurs me on to keep working to enjoy the lifestyle.

It's like drinking, it's a hard habit to break and I am somewhat addicted to it.  Perhaps it's just my destiny.  I know I really love the journey and all of you on the SAAC forums help make it that much more enjoyable.

Here's to hopefully retiring soon and here's to you all.  Your retirement stories inspire me.

QSS

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

69 GT350 Vert

Congratulations on your retirement! 

I also retired 4 months ago in my mid 50s.  Very thankful to get out early with my health.  We bought a small winnebago,  and am finally getting to see our beautiful country without rushing back to work.   Enjoying Maine as I write this.  So much to see and do.

pmustang

I early retired a few years ago and started doing all the stuff around the house, then I finished them......then started importing Mustangs to sell them in Europe. Now I am working harder and more hours than at any time in my life previously.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

csheff

Thanks everyone, I will be enjoying more travel and time with the cars.

Chris Thauberger

I'm working on being retired...I've got the tired part perfected  8)
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Another great thing about retirement is Naps, lots of Naps
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

sd427

One of my favorite song lyrics

"I got nothing to do and all day to do it"

from Styx, Too Much Time On My Hands

1967 eight barrel

Congratulations on your retirement! My first retirement was forced at 38 by the state of CA. 23 surgeries later I couldn't stand it anymore and took out a student loan to go to flight school. I couldn't stand sitting on my fourth point of contact anymore once I was able to recover my health. ( By the Grace of God)
I have been enchanted with the sky since I was a young child.  However, admittedly I would rather be on the flight deck now that standing in the door waiting for a green light to exit the aircraft.

Be sure to stay mentally and physically occupied. Too many don't and it's never good health-wise. My father worked until he was 75. He turned 84 on 17 Sept.

Good luck and God speed in your new endeavor.
                                                   -Keith