News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Three classic cars stolen at Good Guys car show.

Started by CSX 4133, November 13, 2019, 03:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL SAAC

no worries all is well bad guys have  been apprehended, Boris Badenov, Natasha Fatale, and Fearless Leader  ... all is back to normal

Quote from: Don Johnston on November 17, 2019, 01:52:35 PM
And rename the town to Not-So-Pleasanton, CA
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Cobra Ned

It should be pointed out that the stolen cars were NOT in the show; they were parked across the street well away from the show. So, they were not being closely watched by their owners.

69mach351w

So Vintage Motorsport news flash should've read, "Cars Stolen From Bay Area Auto Show Parking lot" ::)
Dummies, get all us worked up for nothing :o

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: Cobra Ned on November 17, 2019, 02:52:59 PM
It should be pointed out that the stolen cars were NOT in the show; they were parked across the street well away from the show. So, they were not being closely watched by their owners.
I could see it happening at a big show. Cars are generally left open while owners stroll around. Older cars don't have steering locks. A few guys come by with a trailer and in less than a minute it's loaded and headed for the gate. One guy in Marina Del Rey always parked his Porsche next to the wall in his condo parking lot so he could see it from his unit. He parked went upstairs and looked out just in time to see the crane hoisting it over the wall. Where there is a will there is a way.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

pmustang

Few years back while I was attending the Charlotte sprimg show a bunch of cars got stolen overnight from the track

Don Johnston

When I stayed at the Pleasanton Hilton during the show week a couple of times, lots of show car attendees kept their cars overnight in the hotel lot, which provided a security guard.  Great mini car show for me and chance to talk to owners.  Never had an incident that I know of. Never went to the Good Guys Show as too big and hassle to get to and park.  Near to the hotel is the Pleasanton In-N-Out burgers, which also was filled with great classic muscle cars and rods day and night. 8)