News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Weird one, Crank sunroof?

Started by pmustang, September 30, 2019, 01:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmustang

Hmmmm, thought I saw it all. But a crank sunroof at no cost? Also it says its the 225 hp 289 but its a C code. Can anyone shed any light on this?
https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/6989381899.html

I thought by definition, T5's had to be exported?

pmustang

I am more and more interested in this one, (not to buy it, but if the car is legit, certainly if that roof option is legit)

2112: I guess it could have been ordered and then cancelled or collected in the US to personal export then not have been

Coralsnake

They were

Many were brought back by service members
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Side-Oilers

What's the handle to the left of the driver's seat?  Overdrive?  Trunk release?

I'm also baffled that the price sticker says no charge for sunroof.  As well as for the AM-FM Stereo.

I can't see any stereo speakers in the car, and can't get a good look at the radio itself...although it does appear different from a regular-issue AM. 

Please edumacate me. 
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

pmustang

yes, trunk release

I would think a sunroof/major option and an AM/FM would be pricey items

tesgt350

I used to own a 67 T5 Fastback.  It was deported but brought back by someone in the Military.  I have seen several T5's here, even a 71 mach 1 and a 1977 Coupe.

KR Convertible

The radio appears to be an '80s aftermarket one.  There was an am/fm that became available for the 66s.  I have a feeling the widow sticker is a repro.

pmustang

KR, that is my thought as well but I am, on a scale of 1-10 on paperwork, a zero.

Peter

KR Convertible

I'm no authority on paperwork either.  I doubt they would list the wrong horsepower from the factory.  It looks awful white to be a 55 year old window sticker.

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Coralsnake

My two cents, Ford didnt give stuff away
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

J_Speegle

Car has a number of prior or current owner changes/chooses made during the "restoration" So many things are suspect as for originality IMHO. The roof appears to be a period piece

Anyone else have an original window sticker with type like on this one or with dealer installed items included?

Guess (would be a bit odd but not unheard of) the sunroof could have been added after the car was purchased - not sure what was available locally since its a north east car.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

propayne

Sunroof looks like a Golde unit you would find in VW bugs of that vintage.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

Krelboyne

Quote from: propayne on September 30, 2019, 05:26:31 PM
Sunroof looks like a Golde unit you would find in VW bugs of that vintage.

- Phillip

I agree, looks European, seen crank style moon roofs on vintage BMW, Mercedes, and VW.

Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC