News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What will The Bullitt Mustang sell for?

Started by Chad, October 01, 2019, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjspeed

Active bidding into the millions by dedicated McQueen/Bullitt fans but as the price climbs there will be a small number (2?) of corporate/ultra wealthy bidders who are less interested in the car and more interested in stoking their egos so they can claim ownership of the car. The winning bidder won't even miss the millions they will spend to call it their own. I'll make an additional prediction that a few years into the future the car will be sold at auction again for a huge loss.

Quote from: Chad on October 03, 2019, 02:56:07 PM
Ok a lot of good opinions so far.  Lets talk about what kind of people will be bidding on this car.  Better yet what kind of bidder will end up with it.  Is it: A) the Steve McQueen fan B) the Mustang fan C) the movie lover fan
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

sfm5

65 GT350

deathsled

Quote from: kjspeed on October 04, 2019, 08:44:22 AM

Active bidding into the millions by dedicated McQueen/Bullitt fans but as the price climbs there will be a small number (2?) of corporate/ultra wealthy bidders who are less interested in the car and more interested in stoking their egos so they can claim ownership of the car. The winning bidder won't even miss the millions they will spend to call it their own. I'll make an additional prediction that a few years into the future the car will be sold at auction again for a huge loss.

Ok a lot of good opinions so far.  Lets talk about what kind of people will be bidding on this car.  Better yet what kind of bidder will end up with it.  Is it: A) the Steve McQueen fan B) the Mustang fan C) the movie lover fan
Ding ding on all points.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bigfoot

KJ                      $12 Mill
Deathsled.          $8mill
Shelby RB.          $6.25 Mill
Mark P.                $5.5 mill
1175.                 $5mill
GT-LAD.               $4.75 Mill
Doug C.              $4.2 Mill
Tony FL.              $4.1 Mill + beer
Mustangman nl    $4mill
Greek.                $3.75 mill
D Johnson.           $3.25 Mill
Niki6Shelby.        $3.2 millzion
Van-Oilers.          $3.1mill
Greg.                   $2.9mill
Biggy.                 $2.8 Mill
Dave.                 $2.0 Mill
2020.                 $1.9 Mill
2112.                 $1.4 Mill
Dennis427.         $1.25 Mill
Quicksilver.         $1.00mill
ShelbyDoug.       $0.250 mill
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: sfm5 on October 04, 2019, 03:49:00 PM
Craig Jackson will buy it for $1.5M

Good point, regarding Craig Jackson. I'm sure he'll be in the mix.
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

Must respectfully disagree with your assumption that it will be resold in a few years for a loss.

You forget that this is a new piece of Americana when it was designated and placed in the National Historic Registry

"the Chicago Daily Herald on January 16, 2018.

WASHINGTON — The Historic Vehicle Association this week announced that a 1968 Mustang Fastback, serial No. 8R02S125559 from the 1968 movie "Bullitt," was selected as the 21st automobile on the National Historic Vehicle Register."

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

69mach351w

I bet it sells to someone out of the country  :o

deathsled

Russia, Saudi Arabia or Japan?? Could end up on someone's wall. Like that Pagani

Bigfoot

Any people have a number in mind?
And if I miss ur bid just send me a PM
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Greg

Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

GT350Lad

6S373
6S1276

deathsled

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

after seeing the ugly gal sell for a bunch of money

yes would like to raise the bid to 4.1 million and throw in a 6 pack of old milwaukee

I have all UNGOLD cars

kjspeed

I mentioned the National Historic Vehicle Registry as one of the reasons I guessed so high. But I think that the buyer at this auction will likely be someone out of the country, probably someone most people have never heard of (Sheik Yerbooty perhaps?). They'll show off their trophy for a few years, tire of it and then send it on it's way where it will be purchased for a sum more in line with other guesses in this pool. It's not what I would wish for this car - I'd love to see Chad McQueen or another family member or a true automotive enthusiast obtain what Steve could not, but at an auction cash is king. There are people in this world with stupid amounts of money and the desire to own something as rare as that car. I actually think my guess may be on the low side, but I'm still $4 million higher than the next guesser. All I know for sure is - it won't be me. (But I'll be there watching!)

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on October 05, 2019, 09:58:35 AM
Must respectfully disagree with your assumption that it will be resold in a few years for a loss.

You forget that this is a new piece of Americana when it was designated and placed in the National Historic Registry

"the Chicago Daily Herald on January 16, 2018.

WASHINGTON — The Historic Vehicle Association this week announced that a 1968 Mustang Fastback, serial No. 8R02S125559 from the 1968 movie "Bullitt," was selected as the 21st automobile on the National Historic Vehicle Register."

1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt