News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

What will The Bullitt Mustang sell for?

Started by Chad, October 01, 2019, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

Having worked in the classic car auction business for over 25 years, I can tell you that all it takes is 2 bidders that both want the car. Whoever has more nerve and deeper pockets will win the final bid.
So really the sky is the limit. After all, what is a few million dollars to a billionaire.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

FL SAAC

Doug

Just for education and clarification purposes:

First picture, Roy, Trigger and Bullet alive

Second picture,  Trigger and Bullet stuffed

Third picture,  Bullitt the topic of this illustrious conversation

Fourth picture, Dale....

As far as the sequence shirt, rumor has it was sold either to Liberace or some guy up North.

Quote from: shelbydoug on January 09, 2020, 03:07:47 PM
No one can ever prove people with lots of disposable cash are smart.

I guess if you put it in a museum you can charge people to see it, then?  ;D

Do you know that Roy Rogers had Trigger stuffed and mounted? Admission was not free. ;)
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbydoug

68 GT350 Lives Matter!

NC TRACKRAT

Never saw that pic of Dale...Now we know what tripped Roy's "trigger"! ;)
5S071, 6S1467

Shelby_r_b

Well, we'll all know in less than 24 hours! 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

FL SAAC

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

Ride em cowboy

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on January 09, 2020, 06:09:40 PM
Never saw that pic of Dale...Now we know what tripped Roy's "trigger"! ;)

I have all UNGOLD cars

FL SAAC

4.1  + 1 case of beer

Maybe even more once people realize this maybe the one and only time they may have the opportunity to acquire it or even view it again

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on January 09, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
Well, we'll all know in less than 24 hours! 👍🏻

I have all UNGOLD cars

69gt500

Put me down for 3.5M if it is not too late.

427heaven

I think when people understand that they can get something similar ... Boss hogs Black fastback for the low 20s they might stay in that price range because its a beat up movie car. ;D I don't always drink beer but when I do its dos equis so 1 case of beer added to the cost.

TOBKOB

QuoteSecond picture,  Trigger and Bullet stuffed

That ain't Trigger... ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

deathsled

Quote from: 427heaven on January 09, 2020, 09:06:29 PM
I think when people understand that they can get something similar ... Boss hogs Black fastback for the low 20s they might stay in that price range because its a beat up movie car. ;D I don't always drink beer but when I do its dos equis so 1 case of beer added to the cost.
Dos equis it's the most interesting man alive. Lol!
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Peter L. on January 09, 2020, 04:13:31 PM
  Having worked in the classic car auction business for over 25 years, I can tell you that all it takes is 2 bidders that both want the car. Whoever has more nerve and deeper pockets will win the final bid.
So really the sky is the limit. After all, what is a few million dollars to a billionaire.
Only one bidder in some cases. The house will shill bid the car up to what they think is a market value . This procedure has been confirmed a number of times by auction representatives of several of the major auctions houses over the years. They claim it is to protect the seller in case there is no money in the house at auction time. The house will bid the car up to the reserve if the car does not sell the last so called bid(house) is there to establish a supposed market value. So one buyer bidding against the house to a point that they let it go at. Supposedly only legal for cars that have a reserve. But most likely it happens sometimes on no reserve auctions too. Don't shoot the messenger. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s2020

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 10, 2020, 12:17:31 AM
Quote from: Peter L. on January 09, 2020, 04:13:31 PM

Only one bidder in some cases. The house will shill bid the car up to what they think is a market value . This procedure has been confirmed a number of times by auction representatives of several of the major auctions houses over the years. They claim it is to protect the seller in case there is no money in the house at auction time. The house will bid the car up to the reserve if the car does not sell the last so called bid(house) is there to establish a supposed market value. So one buyer bidding against the house to a point that they let it go at. Supposedly only legal for cars that have a reserve. But most likely it happens sometimes on no reserve auctions too. Don't shoot the messenger. 

Agreed, and sounds reasonable to me if only bid up to reserve , no harm no fowl, would not have to be the house that does it, just get a mate to bid it to reserve.
Or a fake phone bidder. As you say , sets a perceived value.

Coralsnake

Mr Gaines, I believe you, lots of silliness going on at these auctions.

There is a teason drink coupons come with every bidder's pass

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com