News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What will The Bullitt Mustang sell for?

Started by Chad, October 01, 2019, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter L.

Totally agree, but with such a high profile car I'm sure there is going to be more than one bidder willing to step up to the plate on this one.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

Coralsnake

The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 10, 2020, 12:17:31 AM
Quote from: Peter L. on January 09, 2020, 04:13:31 PM
  Having worked in the classic car auction business for over 25 years, I can tell you that all it takes is 2 bidders that both want the car. Whoever has more nerve and deeper pockets will win the final bid.
So really the sky is the limit. After all, what is a few million dollars to a billionaire.
Only one bidder in some cases. The house will shill bid the car up to what they think is a market value . This procedure has been confirmed a number of times by auction representatives of several of the major auctions houses over the years. They claim it is to protect the seller in case there is no money in the house at auction time. The house will bid the car up to the reserve if the car does not sell the last so called bid(house) is there to establish a supposed market value. So one buyer bidding against the house to a point that they let it go at. Supposedly only legal for cars that have a reserve. But most likely it happens sometimes on no reserve auctions too. Don't shoot the messenger.
Wayne Carini mentioned that on a car at auction on his TV show saying that there appeared there was no money in the room and the house was bidding the car up to reserve and had the right to do it IIRC. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Peter L.

Sure its "no reserve", but guaranteed it will be 'protected'.   ;)
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

FL SAAC

Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

QuickSilverShelby

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 10, 2020, 07:48:26 AM
Mr Gaines, I believe you, lots of silliness going on at these auctions.

There is a reason drink coupons come with every bidder's pass
A couple of years ago I was at Barrett Jackson Las Vegas with a few friends.  Me and one of my buds broke from the group to get our drinks refilled.  Upon returning to our friends one of them had a "winning ticket" poking out of his shirt pocket.  He had just bid and successfully bought a car at BJ. 

For all the years we have been going with friends none of us had ever bought a car at BJ so we were all "Yeah baby!!!!...... you da man.......about time somebody man'ed up and bought a car at Barrett Jackson......wooooo hooooo" until we realized what he had bought.

What's funny is that he bought a Ford Fusion stretch Limo.  The damn thing had been stretched by 6 freaking inches.

What's funnier is that he wasn't even drinking and his wife looked somewhat shell shocked.

What's hilarious is that he already owned a Ford Fusion back home in Calgary, Alberta.

And the cherry on top of this entire comedy act is that when I asked him "Is this sort modified car admissible into Canada?", ......he had no idea.  We were rolling on the floor laughing.  Still to this day it is the best Barrett Jackson story I personally have.

Turns out the Limo Company that modified the car was apart of only 2 accredited limo companies who could modify cars and there fore that bitchen' strech limo was indeed admissible into Canada.  Boy did he get lucky.  To this day it proudly resides in his garage next to his other Ford Fusion. :o

;D

QSS 

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

terlingua11

Looks like the Bullitt is on page 7 of 12. So what time would that put that going across the block. I have not been watching the auction daily and was hoping one of you might be able to ballpark it. Wanted to keep it on the radar to watch online today.

It's lot 150
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Chris Thauberger

Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 10, 2020, 09:36:33 AM
And today is D Day

NO.

D-Day was 6 June 1944 and you are disrespecting those who gave their lives...just say.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Coralsnake

Well that shoots down the no sale guess lol
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

FL SAAC

You are definitely one that travels with a support animal...lmao !

Tender...

Quote from: Chris Thauberger on January 10, 2020, 10:03:09 AM
Quote from: FL SAAC TONY on January 10, 2020, 09:36:33 AM
And today is D Day

NO.

D-Day was 6 June 1944 and you are disrespecting those who gave their lives...just say.

I have all UNGOLD cars

Quote from: Coralsnake on January 10, 2020, 10:08:32 AM
Well that shoots down the no sale guess lol

unless the seller, the house or one of their agents buys it to save face.

Special Ed

I would guess around 3 pm   and my # 4.4  mil .

deathsled

I have a pretrial conference that was kicked by the court to this afternoon. I'm gonna miss it live. Damned!  I will have to rewind to see it...right now on lot F114 yellow Cuda. Pretrial starts at 1 fifteen. Close call. I'll bring my phone into the courthouse.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

FL SAAC

no need to fear you can follow it here...the mecum genie has granted your wish  !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eht2mgpSWSI

If it does not direct link copy and put into your browser

Quote from: deathsled on January 10, 2020, 01:16:40 PM
I have a pretrial conference that was kicked by the court to this afternoon. I'm gonna miss it live. Damned!  I will have to rewind to see it...right now on lot F114 yellow Cuda. Pretrial starts at 1 fifteen. Close call. I'll bring my phone into the courthouse.

I have all UNGOLD cars