News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Dealer script

Started by Stillakid54, February 22, 2018, 05:07:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stillakid54

Would anyone be able to help me locate an original dealer logo from Fuller Ford in Cincinatti for the back of my 69? I reached out to the dealership, and followed  ebay for years, no luck. Thanks in advance.
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

GT350Lad

Quote from: Stillakid54 on February 22, 2018, 05:07:08 AM
Would anyone be able to help me locate an original dealer logo from Fuller Ford in Cincinatti for the back of my 69? I reached out to the dealership, and followed  ebay for years, no luck. Thanks in advance.

Mate my car is also a Fuller Ford Cinc sold and I have looked for years and no leads, been trying to find a license plate frame etc

No luck

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Stubee

Great thread to start. Many old dealerships have gone by the wayside.
How about Schumacher Forrd in Evanston, Illinois?

TOBKOB

How about an East Point Ford in Atlanta???

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

roddster

Folks, not every Dealer had the chrome script.  Many used decals.  Jack Loftus for instance never had  Loftus license plate frame so I stopped looking.

Bossbill

Also consider the holes script would leave.

My car was sold by a non-Shelby dealer -- not a transfer from another Shelby dealer, as the Marti indicates it went straight to this dealer. This dealer used a multi-hole chrome badge/script.

Anyway, you need to find out where the dealer might have placed the script.
My dealer would have placed it lower left, likely above the bumper.
However, the taillights prevented that placement.
Another option might have been in the valance.
In my case I have an original correctly date coded valance and no holes there either.

Since the car was a special order to this non-Shelby dealership I suspect the owner requested they not add the script.

Coralsnake has a few scripts for 1968 and up Shelbys.

For California (and some other) frames, check http://www.calicenseplates.com/ford-frames-listing.html
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

gt350shelb

I have seen them in lower valances / and drilled right into the deck lid  :o

I have collected a bunch of metal ones thru the years . But I think by 67-68 many dealers were using decals
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Stubee

Very good observations. And history lesson.
Thank you.

Stubee

BGlover67

I placed an ad in the Houston area for years looking for Republic Ford.  I never got one response.  I now have ads for J.D. Ball in the Miami area.  I'm thinking junk yards might be the best best for actual scripts if they indeed used them.

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Richstang

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 24, 2018, 05:33:25 PM
I placed an ad in the Houston area for years looking for Republic Ford.  I never got one response.  I now have ads for J.D. Ball in the Miami area.  I'm thinking junk yards might be the best bet for actual scripts if they indeed used them.

Brian, I'm sure you're way ahead of me, but have you tried asking FL SAAC Tony?
With his connections, and being from the area, he might be able to help you one way or another.
;)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

gt350shelb

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb

gt350shelb