News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Does anyone have a C6 dipstick tube picture?

Started by Coralsnake, October 23, 2019, 11:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coralsnake

LoOking for picture of original c6 dipstick tube 1968?

Special Ed

Mansfield mustang or cj registry  component id section

JohnB

Special Ed

pete disher took the 68 dipstick photo maybe coralsnake knows him

KR500

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 23, 2019, 11:26:14 AM
LoOking for picture of original c6 dipstick tube 1968?
Pete
I may have a photo( print )of 2267's original unmolested C6 dipstick tube. I will need to dig through some photo albums this evening. PS, it is SG Black.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake

Im questioning myself

The 1968 tube is black?

Bob Gaines

I thought the consensus of opinion was that that the CJ dipstick was yellow and the NON CJ was black. Are you saying that the KR dipstick is black also?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Special Ed

I had a c80z nos dipstick and it was yellow long ago.

KR Convertible

#181 had a black one that broke.  I bought a yellow one off Randy and had a hard time making it work.  I don't recall seeing any numbers on them.

KR500

Quote from: Bob Gaines on October 23, 2019, 02:07:37 PM
I thought the consensus of opinion was that that the CJ dipstick was yellow and the NON CJ was black. Are you saying that the KR dipstick is black also?
Yes. I haven't seen anything but black on a KR. I haven't seen them all though.

Rodney
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Coralsnake

J_Speegle

Quote from: JohnB on October 23, 2019, 12:46:02 PM
https://www.428cobrajet.org/id-misc

Please note who suplied the pic!   ???

John

Think one of the issues is that the site lumped 68 and 69 together when they IMHO really should not. Each year and if there are possible differences discovered) even shorter specific build periods.
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

J_Speegle

Checked my pictures and for 68 only had a few. Plenty more of 69's for some reason
Both appear to be painted black. As a small note we,  starting in 69, see allot more ID marking of dipstick tubes. Not aware of mid or early 60's with similar markings. So the question is when did Ford/Merc start the practice

Small sample but hope it helps

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Coralsnake

The MPC lists it as C8ZZ-7A228-A

I found a couple unrestored KRs in my files both were black in color.

Is it possible when the color changes when they go into 1969?

J_Speegle

Quote from: Coralsnake on October 23, 2019, 07:04:26 PM
Is it possible when the color changes when they go into 1969?

That appears that the evidence is leading one to make that conclusion so far.