News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

66 GT350 photo with MFG plate

Started by Richstang, February 22, 2018, 06:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_Speegle

Quote from: TLea on February 24, 2018, 10:40:12 AM
Jeff, can you post that other picture that we have of the car and see if it looks the same ? Everything lines up. Early 66 white 10 spokes and the manufacturers plate. Certainly goes with it
Too bad we can't see under the hood or interior

From Popular Hot Rodding for the month of Sept 1966. Here is a composite of the possible car from two facing pages.  Car was wearing the manufacturers plate (looks like its the same 2x)  that day. Not sure if its  the angle or if the rear quarter stripe is crooked  as Sfm6sxxx suggested or not. From other pictures and angles one of the passenger sides doesn't look exactly straight either but camera angles can me misleading

And yes we know the number of the car in the magazine. It was used for at least three magazine articles that I'm aware of.

And for a "side by side" the other picture that is much clearer and not scanned from paper stock.

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

GT350Lad

That looks like it. If you enlarge the drivers door you can make out something beneath the stripe on the rocker panel in your magazine photo. Looks the same. Gotta be it.

Cheers
6S373
6S1276

Bob Gaines

Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Alan

The line of discoloration on the rocker top edge could very well be
Stickum from duck tape that had been taped to avoid shoe scuffing.
Max
'67    0029

NC TRACKRAT

Looking at the pic of the engine, I see a pulley.  Does that car have A/C?
5S071, 6S1467

J_Speegle

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on February 24, 2018, 05:31:59 PM
Looking at the pic of the engine, I see a pulley.  Does that car have A/C?

No it is one of the almost dozen Paxton cars, the basic subject of the article. Tried to crop most of the engine shot out of the picture to focus just on the exterior for the comparison. ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge