Author Topic: One Lap of VA- Road Trip from VA to SAAC 44  (Read 3045 times)

CSX4781

• View Profile
One Lap of VA- Road Trip from VA to SAAC 44
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »
More photo catch up (see link below)- Brant rounded up a group of us to drive to SAAC-44 (pretty much all state highways through VA, WV and PA. Had four 66 Shelbys (my 66 was on a trailer- the others were driven) and one new (07 GT500). Not many photos of the road trip, but a lot at the convention.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ybxMoXk4yEyvMi7g9

Dave

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
Re: One Lap of VA- Road Trip from VA to SAAC 44
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:59:49 AM »
DAVE you just made my weekend!

These SAAC 44 photos with the Shelby VIN tags helped to ID the last of the '67 Shelby's.
THANK YOU for sharing!!!

:)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 01:38:11 PM »
Dave,
Great shots, it seems like i intend to take a lot of pictures but get caught up in the moment and forget to take them. Glad I can depend on you. I talked to Earl about the trip and he said it was great, wish more folks drove them
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »
Wow - terrific photos Dave!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »
Thanks for posting  8)  great photos ! do you know the story on the primer'd '67 usl car with department of defence  sticker. Looks lowered ?

Mike

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 04:32:32 PM »
Thanks for sharing Dave!
Dave - 6S1757

CSX4781

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »
Mike,
  That car belonged to a friend of mine here in VA (I worked with him at NNS) for 43 years, he passed away about 1-1/2 ago. He bought it while he was in the Navy around 75-76 from a guy who fooled with Shelbys in Norfolk. Used to have 302 with nitrous oxide, but he parked it in 84-85, and it sat until he died. He intended to restore it, but we all practically lived at work in those days (nuclear testing on Navy ships). After he passed away, his nephew (who was in Dayton OH) inherited it, he wanted to restore it but didn't have the means and sold it to a friend (the current owner). After looking at it at SAAC 44, I realized who's it was (I hadn't seen it in a long time), then I asked the guy with the car where it came from. When he said Norfolk VA, I then asked him what happened to the Miniltes that were on it, he pulled out a phone pic of a 69 Fairlane Cobra with the Minilites on it (he was the current owners brother).

Funny story, whenever I'd see the owner in the office, I'd go "Hey Lou, I need that GT500 to put my 427 in" and he'd reply "I need that 427 to put in my GT500". His other greeting was wave with a friendly "No" (to the obvious question he knew I'd hit him with).

Dave
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 04:49:37 PM by CSX4781 »

Brant

• SAAC Member
  • www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com
    • View Profile
    • Virginia Classic Mustang Inc
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 06:28:23 PM »
Great pictures, Dave!

It was an awesome road trip and convention.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang