Author Topic: Available - peak molding with fold over tabs  (Read 2409 times)

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
Available - peak molding with fold over tabs
« on: November 29, 2019, 01:46:34 PM »
It might be common knowledge, but it was news to me.  Branda now sells a peak molding reproduction with fold over tabs.  The tabs are slightly longer than the originals.  I'm going to try one for the price, which isn't too bad IMO.  Link is below. 

http://store.cobranda.com/19shhopemo1.html

69 GT350 Vert

• View Profile
Re: Available - peak molding with fold over tabs
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 04:36:18 PM »
I just got my branda peak molding, and am impressed with it. All of the fold over tabs line up with the holes in my original hood restored by the fiberglass guru.  Gap at front edge looks good, but not perfect.  For less than $300, it is a bargain. 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:38:43 PM by 69 GT350 Vert »

TOBKOB

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 09:02:35 PM »
I don't know about the factory peak moldings but all the Ford replacement peak moldings I have seen over the years had double face tape on them. Just a little added insurance... :)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 10:05:23 PM »
I don't know about the factory peak moldings but all the Ford replacement peak moldings I have seen over the years had double face tape on them. Just a little added insurance... :)

TOB
Factory did too many times  ;) .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427hunter

• SAAC Member
  • Caretaker of 1969 gt500 #602 and 1966 gt350 #853
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 05:41:18 PM »
My car came with the fold over tabs, one was missing on the end and it never fit flush. I just installed the Branda reproduction and it looks 100% correct and fits better then the original.
“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means”

Inigo Montoya

“This life’s hard, man, but it’s harder if you’re stupid”

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 12:25:47 PM »

TOB
I have an NOS one put away for my car(Ford wrapping is about falling off of it) and no tape on it. I also bought a repo from Branda(no tape) and it was one of the LAST 2 he had left at the time citing that as of now no more would be made(think the guy died who did that last run?). It is NICE to see they are being repoed again. I put the repo Branda one on my car and added the tape to it. I also paid a LOT MORE than 295 for it.....Price went UP when he got down to 2. Paid more than my friend did a few months earlier when Cobranda had 4 in stock. My original went aero on me and got run over by "enough" cars on a busy freeway as I do drive my vert even on freeways at times(wife says no more freeways). Hagerty paid for my new one(s).  :)
Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)