News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

would Charlie Agapiou write a book (inside shelby) style..

Started by johno, December 01, 2019, 03:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johno

After reading " inside Shelby American" by John Morton, and of course seeing the film, i wondered if Charlie Agapiou would ever write a book- given his lengthy time with Shelby and also with Ken prior to working at SA. Would be a great read........................... or am i gonna have egg on my face cos he already has?? :-[

98SVT - was 06GT

Charlie and his brother have a lot of history to share. It starts well before Shelby American and extends way past those days. The brothers purchased many old SA cars such as the Lone Star and Calliope Can-am car. Charlie has a Rolls Royce repair shop in Beverly Hills today.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

JD

Quote from: johno on December 01, 2019, 03:52:17 PM
After reading " inside Shelby American" by John Morton, and of course seeing the film, i wondered if Charlie Agapiou would ever write a book- given his lengthy time with Shelby and also with Ken prior to working at SA. Would be a great read........................... or am i gonna have egg on my face cos he already has?? :-[

I too hope that he will since he's been interviewed regarding the movie.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

6R07mi

I bet there are lot's of great stories Charlie could tell !!
I think the story is from "The 24 Hr. War",
Charlie Agapiou is punching holes in the floor of GT/104 at Sebring 1965 to drain the water collecting in the cockpit,
and he's swinging a knockoff hammer between Phil Hills' legs, Phil's trying to jump out to protect the jewels and Carroll is shoving him back in the car!

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

gt350shelb

Very nice guy he was still on the road racing in 2000 ... I think he was the truck driver for Ferrari  of beverly hills   .. when i was Racing with Ferrari of long island   .. we  usually talked Ferraris at that time .   But shelby did come up  .
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .