News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking for car 9F02M480004

Started by Coralsnake, December 08, 2019, 06:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tor

Hello
Could 0002 have a 351 cleveland engine from the factory?. I had ore still have recipt from the ovehaul on this cars engine when it was imported to Norway from Sweden i the 80s.On the recipt it said cleveland /boss engine. The overhaul was done in Norway.

Tor

JohnB

Quote from: Tor on December 15, 2019, 06:15:02 AM
Hello
Could 0002 have a 351 cleveland engine from the factory?. I had ore still have recipt from the ovehaul on this cars engine when it was imported to Norway from Sweden i the 80s.On the recipt it said cleveland /boss engine. The overhaul was done in Norway.

Tor

Tor

Not possible. Has information that the original 351 W is/was in Norway.

John

Coralsnake

No factory documents show a Cleveland for that car
The original Influencer, check out www.thecoralsnake.com

Tor

Ok,I was wrong here,I thought if it was engineering car it could be another type of engine in it,but there was a cleveland type in the car sometime in Norway.

John, jeg mener og huske at det var firmaet som er i slekt med en av guttaboys som stod for ovehalingen.

Tor

Special Ed

What about that 69 Shelby poster showing 351-4v anybody know the story behind that poster?

JohnB

Quote from: Tor on December 15, 2019, 02:05:55 PM
Ok,I was wrong here,I thought if it was engineering car it could be another type of engine in it,but there was a cleveland type in the car sometime in Norway.

John, jeg mener og huske at det var firmaet som er i slekt med en av guttaboys som stod for ovehalingen.

Tor

Tor

Send meg en mail med opplysningene.

John

shelbydoug

I seem to remember a previous mention of "Shelby Engineering" considering a Cleveland for their production. It was only a 25hp increase and it was dismissed as a result.

Doesn't that information come from the "minutes of the meetings" and wasn't it said that two cars were tested?

The point of the "Engineering cars" was to try or test proposals and to say that they were only "built" one way is a contradiction to the reality since you have to say how it "existed" on a specific date such as the EFI?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

They did use Cleveland motors in some engineering cars.

The conversation was specific to serial number 2

Performance was not the only consideration. Emmisions were also part of the equation

shelbydoug

0004 is #2? This is a confusing discussion.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Ed managed to change the conversation in the early reply

shelbydoug

Quote from: Coralsnake on December 16, 2019, 08:24:47 AM
Ed managed to change the conversation in the early reply

Is he confusing in person too?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

shelbydoug

Maybe he's a genius and that's why no one else knows what he is talking about?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Coralsnake

Then there are a lot of genius's on the forum

;D

Special Ed

By me mentioning 0002 in Norway got john b. and tor looking for 0004 as when u are looking for a certain car u need help from all over the world and the few Shelby people outside of north America know where these cars are in other countries across the pond. I went to Alaska last summer to buy a Shelby and talked to 3 ford guys and they knew where all the shelbys were in Alaska and Yukon.