Author Topic: NOS 65-66 K-H Disc Brake Proportioning Valve  (Read 2956 times)

George Schalk

• View Profile
NOS 65-66 K-H Disc Brake Proportioning Valve
« on: December 09, 2019, 05:10:23 PM »
NOS 1965-66 SHELBY MUSTANG K-H DISC BRAKE PROPORTIONING VALVE C5ZZ-2B091-B. 

$600.00 + shipping.  PayPal "Friends and Family" accepted.

Thank you,
George Schalk

6s1640

• View Profile
Re: NOS 65-66 K-H Disc Brake Proportioning Valve
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 05:16:38 PM »
Hi George,

Is this the GT350 version of the non-GT350 version AKA Mustang?  These were set differently from the factory.  I have not checked, but I expect the MPC should show a different part number for GT350.  I understand because of the GT350's larger rear brakes these valves required a different setting.  I will check tonight.

Thanks

Cory

TLea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
 Cory, not to trump on George’s ad but that is the mustang one as indicated by the gray painted body. The Shelby ones were black  The good news is all you have to do is paint the body black and change the adjustment and they’re identical. The casting numbers are the same

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 06:24:44 PM »
Cory, not to trump on George’s ad but that is the mustang one as indicated by the gray painted body. The Shelby ones were black  The good news is all you have to do is paint the body black and change the adjustment and they’re identical. The casting numbers are the same

Hi Tlea,

I now remember that from an earlier thread.  Thanks.  So this is a Mustang valve that would need to be readjusted to function correctly on the GT350.

Thanks

Cory

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.  This same proportioning valve was used on the early 65-68 Corvettes also.

acman63

• View Profile
    • Shelby Parts and Restoration  since 1977
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 08:34:08 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.  This same proportioning valve was used on the early 65-68 Corvettes also.

George:  the Corvette version has larger thread inlet and outlet.  only difference ive seen,  the rest of the valve looks the same .  i ve rebuilt couple for the GM  boys
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member

6s1640

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 10:48:09 PM »
Hi George,

I was able to check the MPC and the unique GT350 part number for the proportioning valve is different with C5ZX-2B091-A.  I am assuming the "X" is for eXperimental and not Falcon.  The MPC shows X for Falcon.  The MPC also shows the GT350 valve is not serviced.  Back in the day, this would required a GT350 owner to purchase the Mustang C5ZZ-2B091-B and have it adjusted.

When I had a proportional valve professionally rebuilt, I needed to specify GT350 and not Mustang.

Yours looks very nice.

Hope this helps

Cory

P.S.  Please describe the date code on the metal plate cover with clip ring.  Thanks
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 11:24:39 PM by 6s1640 »

George Schalk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 11:30:10 AM »
Hi Cory,

The prop valve I have for sale has 11 threads showing and the date code looks to be "14C2".  Hope this helps.

George

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 08:22:11 PM »
Hi George,

I was able to check the MPC and the unique GT350 part number for the proportioning valve is different with C5ZX-2B091-A.  I am assuming the "X" is for eXperimental and not Falcon.  The MPC shows X for Falcon.  The MPC also shows the GT350 valve is not serviced.  Back in the day, this would required a GT350 owner to purchase the Mustang C5ZZ-2B091-B and have it adjusted.

When I had a proportional valve professionally rebuilt, I needed to specify GT350 and not Mustang.

Yours looks very nice.

Hope this helps

Cory

P.S.  Please describe the date code on the metal plate cover with clip ring.  Thanks
I thought I would mention that the ZX  is most commonly assosiated with Shelby as in C5ZX,C6ZX,C7ZX,C8 etc.The ZX parts are only serviced for shortest periods of time it seems .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby