News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Rear Wheel Cylinder Bore Diameter

Started by OldGuy, February 27, 2018, 01:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Guys, what is the correct bore diameter for the rear wheel cylinders on a GT-350H (built in the mid-November/December time frame)?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Frank

s2ms

Dave - 6S1757

6s1640

They should be the same as the stock V8 Mustang.  They were not unique to the GT350's.

Cory

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Quote from: 6s1640 on February 27, 2018, 02:49:25 PM
They should be the same as the stock V8 Mustang.  They were not unique to the GT350's.

Cory
+1, and I think they had little teeny bleeders
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

J_Speegle

Yes the small bleeders are a feature of all early/classic period wheel cylinders
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

OldGuy

Thanks to all for your quick replies! Does anyone know of a source for new cylinders (with little tiny bleeders) or, if not, restorable cores?

Thanks so much for the help.

Frank

6s1640

Hi Frank,

See the link below from Brant at Virginia Mustang, about 1/4 the way down you we see three orignal restored and sleeved wheels cylinders.  The cast part number is 38767.  Those are the ones.

Good luck

Cory

http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/2010/08/

s2ms

And if you want to get really detailed they should each have 2 white paint spots.
Dave - 6S1757

kingchief

Can someone post a photo of the bleeders?  Gold or silver color?

Thanks,

Steve
SFM 6S406

Bob Gaines

Quote from: kingchief on February 27, 2018, 05:17:22 PM

Thanks,

Steve
They were/are gold
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6s1640

Quote from: kingchief on February 27, 2018, 05:17:22 PM

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,  The bleeder here is the small version.  I did buy some NOS gold bleaders that should be around here somewhere. ::)

These have been rebuilt and sleeved.  They will need the two white paint marks that Dave mentions.

Cory

kingchief

Hi Cory!

Thanks again!  How are you and Mark doing?  You guys saved me again.  Gotta get those cylinders changed out but I HATE brake fluid!!!  Love those pictures!

Cheers,

Steve
SFM 6S406

cbrown

I reproduced the 13/16 bore and the 7/8 right and left bore   small bleeder if this helps.

chris

6s1640

Here is the Ford MPC information on the wheel cylinders.

Enjoy

Cory

kingchief

SFM 6S406