News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Mustang Monthly no more

Started by mgreene, December 18, 2019, 09:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgreene

Was recently notified that Mustang Monthly and Musclecar Review have seen their last printed issue. Have been a subscriber to both for 30+ years. No desire to go to their online version.
'66 GT-350H
'69 428SCJ Mach 1
'72 Pantera

jswoody

1++, too bad physical things in life are disappearing.  Virtual life is taking over. 

Tech will create a generation of weaklings,mentally and physically....watch.

CharlesTurner

While it's great to get the printed copy to flip through each month... my personal entertainment value lasts maybe 10-15 mins for Mustang Monthly.  If I ever would need to refer back to information, it would take forever to find the printed copy.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Don Johnston

Reading magazines never required my having to recharge anything.  Will miss the printed page.  At least SAAC gives us both with the SA quarterly being digital and then the printed annual edition.   8)

Bob Gaines

I got this email yesterday -
Dear ROBERT GAINES,

After many great years and achievements, magazine has been discontinued.
The good news is that in 's place, you'll receive the digital edition of your choice of MotorTrend, HOT ROD or Four Wheeler magazine along with six months of the world's premier online automotive streaming service, MotorTrend.
MotorTrend's streaming service bring you over 3,500 hours of the best streaming automotive shows and exclusives series including Roadkill, Dirt Every Day, Diesel Brothers, Top Gear, Fast N' Loud, Bitchin' Rides, Hot Rod Garage, Head 2 Head, Wheeler Dealers, Four Wheeler and so much more, including live motorsports. No cable TV account is necessary and you can watch on your favorite devices.
To activate your MotorTrend streaming subscription:
Click Here

Enter code: WELCOME-mAEmkuA4
To set-up your account and begin streaming
This offer expires 2/29/20
MotorTrend magazine, the world's automotive authority, covers more cars, trucks & SUVs than any other publication and provides extensive automobile buying guide advice for its consumers. MotorTrend Car, Truck, Sport Utility and Person of the Year awards are the industry's most coveted.
HOT ROD magazine brings you the broadest performance car coverage you'll find anywhere. From barn finds, hot rods, rat rods, race cars, home-built super cars, land speed racers, the latest Detroit iron, and classic muscle - if it's hitting the street or dragstrip, you'll read about it in HOT ROD first!
Four Wheeler magazine leads the truck and 4x4 market, by leveraging its long history of editorial expertise. From vehicle evaluation, comprehensive product testing, in-depth technical articles, how-to installation articles, and the latest news and event coverage, Four Wheeler covers it all.
To activate your choice of magazine digital subscription:
Click Here
Thank you for your support. We look forward to continuing to provide you the world's most compelling automotive infotainment. If you have any questions, please contact us toll free at 1-877-485-6429.
Of course when I called to get a refund because I don't want the alternatives I got a recorded message saying due to high call volume that they couldn't take my call at this time. Try back later . :o
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

67 GT350

Call your credit card and fight the charge.
RARE  Signature Delete

Quote from: 67 GT350 on December 18, 2019, 04:26:02 PM
Call your credit card and fight the charge.
.  Which works great unless you paid by check....

gjz30075

Quote from: Bob Gaines on December 18, 2019, 04:18:06 PM
I got this email yesterday -
Of course when I called to get a refund because I don't want the alternatives I got a recorded message saying due to high call volume that they couldn't take my call at this time. Try back later . :o

Same for me but I called the next morning at 8 am EST  and got through, no waiting.   Refund check is in the mail, they say.
Greg Z
6S2249

JessC

Little bit off topic,but whats going on with paper magazines, I just read in the paper that Low-riders magazine is going away also. I don't care for those cars but paper magazines are going digital

Don Johnston

Or completely gone in any form.

1967 eight barrel

We can't say we didn't see the writing on the wall. The Mustang Monthy magazine had become a complete waste of ink.  The articles were useless for anything I was doing. I saved many of the older MM magazines because the articles were useful and some of them were actually helpful during the restoration. I have since elected to dispose of 99% of them and kept only a few. Many spanning back to the late 80's.

-Keith

1109RWHP

I guess the days of getting your car in a magazine is over too.

1967 eight barrel

Hot Rod and Motor Crap caters to "Brand X" vehicles and engines.  Perhaps if we put an LS into our Shelby we'll make print.