News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Original Ford GT - Transporters

Started by Richstang, December 28, 2019, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker

Here's a partial view of the Ford GT transporter on the right, beyond the Ferrari hauler, Goodwood TT Aug. 29th. 1964.

Mike

(photo: Neil Paton)

honker

Here's another with a Gulf car, caption said testing at  foggy Silverstone,  has to be 1968 at the earliest. We can see the transporter

in the back ground with the ramps down, and another GT40 with no #s or stripes, could be first time out ?

This might have been on forum 1 ?

Mike

mark p

^^^ How did that work out with the steep ramps and those low cars?  ??? short nose?

... also interesting to see that [Sunbeam] "Harrington LeMans" there in that photo as well. I don't know enough detail to identify the "model", but those are pretty rare.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

roddster

The GT 40 in reply #61:
    What is that object on the right rear fender between the"horseshoe" sticker?

C6ZZGT

This is a really cool topic . That last picture is the only one that shows the possibility of being a transporter, I was thinking until that point that they where hauling spares and being work spaces.
6R07A143871,since 10/83
selling parts since 1981.

6R07mi

Found this photo appears to be loading damaged GT/111 following 65 Targa Florio into the FAV transporter?

jim p
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: mark p on December 28, 2021, 10:20:19 AM
^^^ How did that work out with the steep ramps and those low cars?  ??? short nose?

Short nose and the "spoiler" was no more than an diverter to force the air out to the sides.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

john galt

Quote from: roddster on December 28, 2021, 03:58:55 PM
  The GT 40 in reply #61:
    What is that object on the right rear fender between the"horseshoe" sticker?

It is a large night time identification light. They were installed in the right or left rear fender (depending upon track/pit configuration).  Sourced from WWII aircraft. Lens color varied per chassis/race.