Author Topic: New Year's Day Cruise In for the Raleigh Area.  (Read 2367 times)

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
New Year's Day Cruise In for the Raleigh Area.
« on: December 31, 2019, 02:39:12 PM »

The famous Grill 57 Cruise in on New Year's Day is now at the  D&S Cafeteria in Raleigh, NC.

Last year's turn out saw over 200 cars and this year's expectations are even greater.

I will be getting there around 9:30 am and recommend you arrive as early as possible.

D&S is located next to the DMV at South Hills Mall...very near the Cary Crossroads

Here is the address and website:

1177 Buck Jones Rd,
Raleigh, NC 27606

http://www.dscafeteria.com/

Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

6972boss

• View Profile
Re: New Year's Day Cruise In for the Raleigh Area.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 08:18:36 PM »
Cool! While you are there stop in at sanders Ford and say hi😁. #3119 was sold there oct 18 1967.

BGlover67

• Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 02:36:59 PM »
Agh, first casualty of the new year!   My friend Ray succumbed to one of the most dangerous aspect of living and driving in North Carolina, an imbecile deer.  He was on his way to the New Year's Cruise-in, and not even 100 feet up the road from our development, a pair of deer decided to take him out.   Some of you folks know this car, Ray has attended a few of our SAAC Carolina's events.  In fact, Ray has owned numerous Shelby's in his life, and this 1957 custom Riviera is one of his first non FoMoCo purchases.

It was a multiple, custom car show winner including a GoodGuy's favorite.  I can't imagine that they will be able to replicate the leaded custom body work, and multi stage candy apple paint for the Hagerty agreed value.  It looks better in the pictures, but the frame is bent, and all the front panels (hood, both fenders and both doors) are affected.  Even the fan blade ended up in radiator.  No doubt the entire car will need to be repainted. 

So please be warned, be extra vigil for deer.  They can really ruin your car, or even kill you.

https://imageshack.com/a/bC8n7/1

« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 03:26:27 PM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »
Rats with long legs, they do lots of damage. Glad everyone was unhurt
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 06:21:53 PM »
Ugh. That sucks so bad. So sorry to hear this.  :'(
Nothing beats a classic!

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
Bummer! To the untrained eye, the pictures don't look that bad but, as you say, there's a lot of damage and some gorgeous paint to match.  Lots of labor but, it was done once...It can be done again. 
5S071, 6S1467