Author Topic: magnum wheels  (Read 1499 times)

TLea

• View Profile
magnum wheels
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:37:51 AM »
Who makes/sells the chrome magnum wheels?

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: magnum wheels
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 10:35:35 AM »
Wheel Vintiques, which was bought by Coker couple years ago.

Most vendors carry them, best price and service is probably CJ Pony parts.

pmustang

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:53:02 PM »
I buy a fair few wheels. Like 20 sets a year on average

Magnums and Styled steels were out of stock for quite some time a year/year and a half ago as the manufacturer of the outer rim hoops was having issues.

They then came back into stock

I found 2 things, On magnums, the black painted areas were a bit sloppy. And on styled steel wheels, they no longer fit on the front factory disk brakes without a very thin spacer

Peter

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 03:58:57 PM »
I buy a fair few wheels. Like 20 sets a year on average

Magnums and Styled steels were out of stock for quite some time a year/year and a half ago as the manufacturer of the outer rim hoops was having issues.

They then came back into stock

I found 2 things, On magnums, the black painted areas were a bit sloppy. And on styled steel wheels, they no longer fit on the front factory disk brakes without a very thin spacer

Peter
Peter, the magnum wheels I suspect Tim is interested in are the ones used on 66 Hertz cars .The non Hertz wheel is the same wheel just painted gray. The rim on the Shelby car is completely different compared to a regular Mustang magnum.There are some similarities in the center but just as many differences overall. One of the most typical mis identifications is of a regular magnum thinking it is a Shelby wheel. Brant at Virginia stocks the Shelby Hertz chrome wheel when available.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby