News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Mustang Monthly no more

Started by mgreene, December 18, 2019, 09:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: 1109RWHP on January 02, 2020, 10:14:27 PM
I guess the days of getting your car in a magazine is over too.
.   Well there's always the SAAC  "annual"(in a pinch) 8)

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on January 02, 2020, 10:23:04 PM
Hot Rod and Motor Crap caters to "Brand X" vehicles and engines. Perhaps if we put an LS into our Shelby we'll make print.

Actually, I bet would thrill them to no end.    :-\

1967 eight barrel

I agree. When the FE came back into vogue it raised a lot of eyebrows. Look what people like Barry Robotnic, Jay Brown and Blair Patrick have done with the "Dinosaur" as the Brand X crowd call them.  They are consistently winning things like Engine Masters and other competitions.
I don't think they ever died but Edelbrock, Blue Thunder and a few other manufacturers made high HP builds viable being the supply of total performance era parts were either worn out or non-existent.

Don Johnston

We have lost a lot of exceptional automotive photojournalists over the past couple of decades due to forced retirements (i.e., pushed out).  They have been  replaced by do it yourself vanity writers and photographers that the publishers entice with rewards of featuring their cars and articles with a minimal stipend.  And then they toss in a few young inexperienced editors who may have attended a journalism night course at junior college.
  And so to improve the media, the suits decide to kill it rather than spend the time and money to bring it back to its glory years.  And it is not because millennials are riding bikes and skateboards.  Look at the quantity and quality of all the national and regional car shows and charity events.  Customers stop grabbing magazines of the racks or subscribing when they feel that the lack of quality is no longer worth the cost. 8)

Mustang monthly  was becoming a kinda thin book ,with lotso ads at the end....Some of the feature cars were getting kinda weak as well....there was this one 6 cyl. Vert I remember.....