News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Original Ford Tool

Started by shelby69500, January 13, 2020, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby69500

Ok, im trying to figure the " Original Ford Tool" myth. If there is one.

Im wanting a original 69 hood, standard or Shaker. Hard to find that doesn't have rust on it or dented all up.

So i look into the repo stuff, which i hesitate. Some experts say that the Ford Tool cut is not up to measurements now. Another guy tells me that they are not stamping anymore, they are just labeled that way for $$ and license fee.

Now im being told the repo oversee is not that bad.

What is the truth?

I call to NPD and the guy on the phone is just reading out of a catolog and has no clue baout his part he is selling.

1967 eight barrel

Original tolling is just that.  OE tooling.  It's still a reproduction made on the tooling Ford or it's supplier used. NPD has been less than stellar lately.
You also get the most ignorant counterperson in the store late at night. Sometimes I'll call and order parts sitting in the pilot's lounge. This is usually between 0330-0430.
I always get someone in the Florida store with a poor attitude who seems bothered when you need specifics about an item and they have to go look at one in the warehouse  I have spoken to Wade and Molly several times in recent history about this issue being I drop in when I come into MCO.

-Keith