News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

‘68 GT500 Exhaust Tips for 2-1/2” Pipes

Started by 8T03S1425, March 07, 2020, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: 8T03S1425 on March 08, 2020, 03:00:16 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on March 08, 2020, 02:32:01 PM
I have a pair of 67 tips here for 3074. They are (without getting off my butt to go measure) the same OD. They just don't have the inner pipe.

There is an adage in design. "form follows function". It took me all of 5 minutes to angst over not having enough clearance between the two pipes.

Within a short time, my hair grew back. I could eat Gen Tsu's chicken again. I could sleep through the night. No problems.

You now have the choice of being just cool, or crossing over to the dark side and being super cool. Now the issue with that is seemingly highly intelligent individuals will be completely overwhelmed and miss 95% of what you explain to them.

They will just smile and nod graciously simply because they are too embarrassed they don't understand a word you are saying.

This is the price of being Super Cool. It's very lonely. The other thing is, why worry? If you don't like my solution, go to plan B...whatever that is? ;)

Being the stubborn non-conformist that I am, I'd consider making a replacement plate that is reformed to permit the exhaust pipes to sit up in the tunnel and nix the x pipe in favor of a simple cross over balance tube.

If you knew my Mother, you would understand why someone would forgo worrying about something for 5 minutes when they could spend a lifetime parallelized with indecision, for fear of making a wrong decision. This is where the DuPont tagline, "Better Life Through Chemicals" hits home.

This is a tough crowd, as there is no one answer that is right for the mix of personalities.

Modifying a Shelby is a slippery slope. It starts with swapping out bias ply tires for radial tires and before you know it, the hood is being cut for a Roots supercharger.

I'm okay with being coolly bland or blandly cool as long as I'm not alienated from the Super Cool or the Rather Stodgy.  :) 8) :-\

"Those that refuse to learn from history are doomed to repeat it " - Winston Churchill

"La das, la das, toujoure la das." - George S. Patton

Show a little courage. Come down from the ledge. You'll get through this!

No one is telling you to cut a hole in the hood. ;D

Having headers and a non-stock exhaust system on the car are not going to catagorize you as a lepper.

You need to remember that although seemingly 95% of the questions posted on this formum are related to Concourse questions, less then 1% of the community is 100% dedicated to the Concourse position.

Don't let "them" intimidate you into their very narrow way of thinking.

68 GT350 Lives Matter!