Author Topic: Any good Holley Carburetor rebuiders on here?  (Read 8768 times)

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Any good Holley Carburetor rebuiders on here?
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »
I'm needing a Holley 2 bbl rebuilt.  Where I'm at there is nobody.

Any info will be appreciated,

Rich

jk66gt350

• View Profile
Re: Any good Holley Carburetor rebuiders on here?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 08:52:30 PM »
I was told that Joe Bunetic is one of the best at rebuilding Holley carbs.  I believe he is in the Chicago area,

Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:06:10 PM »
Joe is just over in Illinois from St Louis. He is the man to restore them to make them look brand new. I had mine off of 6S550 done by him, and did not put it back on because it looked too nice.  Contact Jim Cowles if you are looking to get it running like new. I think he uses a man in North Carolina for that. Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 09:52:27 PM »
Culver carburetor in Culver City ,ca. rebuilt em last time I checked....

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »
We covered this recently. I wouldn't use Joe Bunetic.  Use Drew Pojedinec.  He's on the forum. He doesn't just restore the finish and slap a kit in them. He fixes issues with them. He went through my BJ-BKs and set them up on his engine. They ran right out of the box with the exception of the curb idle speed.
If you want them done right and with no issues that's where you send them. The turn around time is good too.

-Keith

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 10:51:05 PM »
Dang it. I just sent a carb to Joe a few weeks ago.  :'(
Nothing beats a classic!

427Larry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 06:55:23 AM »
If you want the best, Willys Carb. & Dyno, Mt. Carmel, IL. This guy is beyond genius. Look him up on the internet. He is at Daytona speed week right now, working with his customers, he will be back February, 17th. I have been using him for 30 years, he just did my original 427 Lemans carb. and got me another 20-30 h.p. He does it internally, so it looks original.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:07:53 AM by 427Larry »

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2020, 10:40:08 PM »
No way you got 30 HP from a carb rebuild.  He also isn't known by anyone on the FE forum, which speaks volumes.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2020, 10:58:31 PM »
PM sent
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

JWH

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 11:05:53 PM »
I am not trying to steer you one way or another but I could not be happier with the set of BJ/BK carbs Joe Buetic restored for me. He was able to source original parts that were missing on the carbs, the car starts easily, warms up through the choke cycle, idles great and accelerates quite nicely thank you. And the carbs look like works of art. (Ruben I am confident you will be very pleased when you get your carb back).
Jeff

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 11:16:20 PM »
Rueben:
They look good. Drew is an engineer who found something two other Ford Carb builders didn't I posted about this in a previous post and him running the carbs on his dual quad galaxie and dialing them in. It require almost NO adjustment when they were returned. Joe's build did what they did when sent to the other builder recommended here returned them.  They metering blocks had incorrectly machined ports in them. It caused a rich idle that nothing could correct. He found the issue and corrected it. Who checks all the metering block passage sizes. Not either of the aforementioned. You're not going to get that from a box builder. However, you feel free to throw your money in the trash. It seems many here have plenty to do so with.

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 11:19:10 PM »
I used Joe as well and am happy with his work. Its like asking which motor oil is better, you will find one you like  and continue to use it for what ever reasons you choose. ;D

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 11:35:38 PM »
Rueben:
They look good. Drew is an engineer who found something two other Ford Carb builders didn't I posted about this in a previous post and him running the carbs on his dual quad galaxie and dialing them in. It require almost NO adjustment when they were returned. Joe's build did what they did when sent to the other builder recommended here returned them.  They metering blocks had incorrectly machined ports in them. It caused a rich idle that nothing could correct. He found the issue and corrected it. Who checks all the metering block passage sizes. Not either of the aforementioned. You're not going to get that from a box builder. However, you feel free to throw your money in the trash. It seems many here have plenty to do so with.

Wow. I thought you’d have strong feelings on this subject.

I kid. 😉
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 11:37:38 PM »
Well, I’ll do a report out once I get my carb back from Joe. 👍🏻

Nothing beats a classic!

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 01:59:47 AM »
Joe did an S2MS carb for me about two years ago and it turned out great!   He told me he did the 1-2-3 finishing GT350s at Pebble Beach in 2015.   I'm sure there are other good rebuilders too, but Joe did a great job for me.