News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

This is the 66 GT350 of Airplanes

Started by eric lipper, February 05, 2020, 09:01:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6770shelby

Great topic. My 2 passions in life are cars and airplanes. Spent the last 40 years working on Learjets which enabled me financially to own 2 GT-500's. Both are iconic products produced by visionary people. Along the way I have flown on every Learjet model produced except the 85 which was cancelled. Spent 3 years in Europe operating Lear 35's and been to 51,000 ft numerous times. Make your passion your career and you will never regret a day of work.

1967 eight barrel

I  completely agree. I spent a few years figuring that out. 38 to be exact.  No better place to be on the planet than on the flight deck.
How one could deny the existence of God when you have a view of this nation floors me. Sunrise from the flight deck... Enjoy!

-Keith

camp upshur

Chino, wow thats brings up some memories. Flew in their airshow both 1984 and 1985 as a active duty pilot out of El Toro. Ed Maloney, Frank Mormillo great guys, Frank Sanders, a spectacular airshow pilot, loved the 65 GT350 and always let me park in his hanger. all dead now...long time ago..........

1967 eight barrel

1984-85.. I was at Bragg in 84 and FT Rucker in '85.   Ed's daughter took over. She really soured many who were there. I am sure you knew Steve Hinton in that case.  The Reno crash of RB 51. He was my instructor.  Small World.  Chino Air Museum all but took over KCNO.  I'm going to non-rev out with a few of the Gray Eagles in April to KONT.  I grew up a short distance from KLGB/ McDonnell Douglas Aircraft.
I assume you were assigned to  MCAS ElToro, now KSNA?
                                                                                    -Keith