News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Help with correct spark plug wiring for '67 GT350

Started by BGlover67, February 06, 2020, 06:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I've been told by a few veterans of the Shelby community that my car should have spark plug wires with the words "Radio Resistance" printed on them.  I was also told to visit Marti Auto Works and purchase a correct set from them.  But when I contacted Marti, they were pretty clueless about the whole situation.  First, they asked me what engine size a '67 GT350 came with.   ???  Then they told me that there were two versions available, a  "Radio Resistance" set, and an "SX" version.  Which is right?  Both, They have seen both on original cars.  Oh boy, I can't imagine that's correct.  So I placed an order for the  "Radio Resistance" set, and when it arrived, it was in packaging that said  "Radio Resistance", but on the actual wires it said just "SX".  So I called and was put in touch with their 'Expert" who handles these parts.  He told me that he has never seen a set with the actual wording  "Radio Resistance", and that they all came with "SX" printed on them and only differed by which actual wires are inside them.  Really?  But the problem is their own website has a picture of their  "Radio Resistance" wires that have them printed correctly.

What is the real answer here?  Who does supply the correct, OEM style wires?

Between this and waiting almost 9 months for a Deluxe Marti Report for my last car, I'm really not impressed with their service.   :'(

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

rmarble57

Sorry to hear of your issues with Marti Auto Works.  While I am not an expert on the markings on the spark plug wires, I will tell you that I've personally known Kevin Marti for nearly 40 years and my advice is for you to ring them up and ask for Kevin and I'm sure that he would be willing to help.
Best of luck.

oldcanuck

I had the same problem with my elite report last year ....... and when it finally showed, I had to take to a local frame shop to have most of the framework redone. The guy at the shop commented it looked like it was done by a 14 year old.... on his first day.  I wasn't impressed at all..... and the Ford VIN tag is still not centered, but he couldn't do anything with that unless he ripped it off the mat and started over.
Bob
Knoxvegas, TN

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bob Gaines

Quote from: BGlover67 on February 06, 2020, 09:49:52 PM
OK, then who makes a correct version of them?
Marti does. Your mistake was using the word Shelby in your inquiry. FYI a regular 67 V8 Mustang uses the same Radio Resistance wires for example.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby